cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Broadband speed

kkcob200
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 16

Hi, for about a month now my broadband speed has dropped from the usual 74MB/s to 18 and the last check was 48 while upload is around 5. Something definitely wrong with my speed because I do check often but the last month the speed has been very low. Can you please help restore my speed?

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi

One of the line tests is still failing.  I've logged this back to Openreach for further investigation.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

kkcob200
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 16

Hi Chris, I checked the line and the problem still persists. I get outgoing calls to this number are barred. I have tried several numbers and all are barred. What I also noticed was that whenever I dial a number the router restarts. I tried many numbers and the same thing happened to all. Barred numbers and router restarts. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Hi kkcob200,

We've now received an update from Openreach saying that they've cleared and closed the fault. Is everything OK now?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Good morning,

I've checked and we've not received an update as yet. The fault is still with Openreach at the moment. We'll check again later on this afternoon.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Morning,

Thanks for confirming, The line test has detected a potential external line fault so I've passed this over to Openreach to complete an external line investigation. We'll keep checking the fault for updates for you.

Thanks

Michelle

kkcob200
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 16

Hi Michelle,

still cannot make calls. I get the barred message to any number that I dial and my speed has dropped from 74 to 50 While upload has also dropped from 18 to 5.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Morning,

In regards to your broadband speed, I've run a test on the line now which has detected a potential voice fault. I can see from your last post that there is no noise on the line. Are you still unable to make calls?

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 16

Then that is a separate fault, requiring you to create a thread for it in the "Home Phone" board. What was the result in the test socket?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

@kkcob200, can you create a new post in the phone section, as it appears to be a separate issue. 

Also check whether you have exceeded your allowance in My Account or any other indication why calls might be barred.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

kkcob200
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 16

Hi, there’s no noise in the line at all. The only problem is that I can’t dial out as any number that I dial I get a message that outgoing calls from this number are barred. I have tried several different numbers and I still get the same message.

Thanks 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 16

No that won't be it.

Your broadband runs over your landline, if there is any noise on line e.g. crackling, that might cause the fibre to be slow.

What happens if you move the router temporarily via a new micro filter to the test socket? This is behind the master socket's removable faceplate (if you have that design).

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

kkcob200
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 16

Hi, there seems to be a problem with the voice side. Any number that I dial is barred. That’s the message I get.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Have you noticed any issues on the voice side, such as noise on the line? Have you tried connecting the router via ab microfilter at the test socket? 

0 Likes

kkcob200
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 16

Hi Keith,

I have a fast sagemcom 5364 router. Software ver. SG4K100174. DL is 55 and UL is 10. Before this problem started for years it’s been 74/18. Current reading is from the router itself. Thanks.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 16

Which make/model of router do you have? If you log into the router, what speed does it show there?

Keith

0 Likes