FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONSTANT REQUEST FOR COOKIE CONSENT ACROSS DIFFERENT DEVICES SINCE JOINING TALKTALK

Message 21 of 21

I have recently moved to TalkTalk from another provider, most days I need to accept cookies on frequently visited websites across different devices (laptop, 2 brands of mobiles and smart tv) and I keep having to sign in to Smart apps such as ITV and BBC on my tv.

This didn't happen with my old provider, could my connection/session keep re-setting or a reason that would cause this?

Thanks

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Hi alexanderrichardson

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 21

Yes please send out a replacement router. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 21

OK thanks for trying. We can send another router out to test with, to rule out any issues with your current router, would you like us to arrange this?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 21

I have tried this but still have the issue. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 21

I think it's still worth trying the reset, please see Restore your router to factory settings

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

I have turned the router on and off as suggested in earlier posts. I am not sure how to reset it to default settings? It is a brand new router and nothing has been changed on it so it should already be default settings?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 21

Hi alexanderrichardson,

I can't really see any reason why this would happen, you could try resetting your router to factory default setting and then retest

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

There isn't any further option to stay signed in on Smart TV apps, they log you out if there is a change in connection. As I mentioned in my last post, yesterday I got cookies to re-accept on 2 brands of mobile phone and then asked to re-sign in on smart TV apps all at the same time.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 21

Morning,

I've run a test on the line now which is clear and the connection looks very stable so the connection doesn't appear to be dropping. When you mention that you have to keep signing in to the players, is there no option to tick to keep signed in?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

And again this evening a Samsung mobile and a Apple mobile asking for cookie approval for frequently visited websites and my Samsung Smart TV is asking to sign in again for ITV Hub and IPlayer, used daily and last used this morning.

This is not a browser issue, it is across different brands of devices and only happening since joining TalkTalk. Never had this with Now Broadband.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

I stated earlier on that it is happening across all devices so not a browser or device issue, it affects a laptop, 2 different mobile phones and a smart tv and only since joining TalkTalk not previously with Now Broadband. The most annoying thing is the apps on my smart TV such as ITV Player, most days I have to re-sign in to access the apps.

Is there anything you can check if the connection/session is constantly resetting?

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 12 of 21

Hmm, that is what I said quite a few posts ago!

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 21

Hi

Cookies are related to the browser and not the connection.  Have you tried a different browser ?

Have you recently installed any security software, pop up or add blockers etc that also block cookies or change your browser security settings.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

Hello, this makes no difference. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

Hi alexanderrichardson,

Thanks for updating your profile. Could you switch your router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

I have updated this info, thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 17 of 21

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 18 of 21

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday), but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk have responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 21

It is happening on a laptop, 2 different mobile phones and a smart tv and only since joining TalkTalk not previously with Now Broadband so must be something to do with the session or connection re-setting? I raised this with TalkTalk Facebook chat and they had no understanding of the issue in the slightest and gave me the link to their cookie policy.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 20 of 21

Cookie consent is related to your browser, not the broadband. If your connection was unstable, you might get a new IP address from the network, but unless the websites track your IP address, that would not cause a problem & not affect cookies as far as I can see.

Keith

0 Likes