FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can only run a speed test on my wireless devices.

missunify
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 5

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue and the first thing I would like to do is use talk talk's speed test on the website, but when choosing devices it only lists my phone and tablet, which are both wireless, and not my PC which is connected with an ethernet cable.

Is there any way to get around this other than just using a 3rd party speed test?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

TheHornedOne
Insightful One
Message 1 of 5

@missunify wrote:

Is there any way to get around this other than just using a 3rd party speed test?

Have you tried connecting the Desktop wirelessly, missunify?

~R.

0 Likes

paulshent
Community Star
Message 2 of 5

Easy way.  From a Browser of your Choice, search for ookla.

Then run their test (no software install).  Same test that TT use, but via your browser.

Runs on systems using ethernet or wireless connection.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 3 of 5

@missunify Try this link

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/speedcheck/

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Are you accessing this via the website on your PC, via my account sign in?

If so it should just work, and you don't have to select a device, at least I'm never offered a choice.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes