cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Ceased copper bedore fibre

BobbyD262
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

I've just spent 2 days trying to contact support as my fibre 65 connection stopped working. After lots of being passed between departments (passed to 3 different departments 3 times) who contradict each other it seems my copper line was ceased as I had been migrated to full fibre. My installation date for full fibre wasn't due until 30th July. I was informed only way to get my connection back was to raise a new order which would take 7 days. I have not been offered any other connection options and due to the extremely poor customer service service felt I had no option but to move to another provider.. I am now without service until the new service kicks in while being informed I will still be billed for a service I no longer receive from talktalk.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi BobbyD262

If the line is cancelled the only way to re-activate the line is to place a new order.

Really sorry,

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

@BobbyD262, as you have already moved to another provider, it's not really clear what you are expecting staff to do on your behalf now.

Occasionally there is an error with the orders for Full Fibre, when they cease the old line too soon and it is a terrible nuisance for the customer. But it does take time to get the service up and running again. It sounds as though it would have been at least as soon as going to the new ISP.

Talktalk doesn't provide back up dongles or whatever, but if there is a total loss of service, you would receive compensation automatically, after it was resolved. 

This won't now happen as you left.

As a volunteer that's all I can tell you at this stage - and informing you that staff are not back before Tuesday was to manage expectations. 

If you need further help with this, I suggest that you post in the billing section. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

BobbyD262
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

I tried this  prior to posting, equally poor service. Still no internet connection as line ceased prior to fibre switch over I've had to purchase extra mobile data and moved to another provider as despite talktalk causing issue informed would require new order which would take 7 days. Absolute terrible customer service.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Please use 03451 720088 to reach support,  or Chat, as forum staff are away now till Tuesday, @BobbyD262.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes