FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete drop in service

Colin_C
Team Player
Message 9 of 9

Around 00:45 today (9 June 2021), the broadband had dropped. Outages have been a relatively frequent occurrence as of late, so I thought to wait it out.

An hour later and still no change, so I checked all the cable connections; all fine. However, it turned out the landline was down too (monotone beep at regular intervals instead of the constant tone); tested if it could make and receive calls, it could not with either.

Checked my service status using TalkTalk's site, said there was a fault, entered my mobile, as required, and just got the message of "Need help with anything else?".

So I'm lodging my problem here to get it resolved. And I expect to be compensated, past broadband outages were annoying enough, but a full service drop were I have to spend money for mobile data just to send this message was unfathomable.

P. S. The Service Centre test said it suspected a problem with the broadband only, which is provably false. 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 9

Hi Colin

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults.

Is the no dial tone fault still present at the moment?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Ok  thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Sorry @abcgazz123 I thought you was the OG poster of this thread. These late nights / mornings are showing.

Could you go back to the Community page and start your own thread with your issue and I will then highlight your issue on your own thread to an TT OCE who will then pick it up when there back (One customer to one thread).

Steve -
Have you tried turning it off and on again!
0 Likes

Message 4 of 9
Most likely there is a fault on the line somewhere. I'm confident TT will get to the bottom of it and get you back online.

Have you tried a different router incase that's the lead cause?
Steve -
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Yes,  it is and always has been connected to test socket,  was in the middle of browsing and just lost connection,  tried resetting and unplugging for 20 minutes,  I beleive the 20 minutes reset process is just a delaying tactic for any intermittant fault to fix itself because it has been dropping out more recently. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9
Could you make sure your connected to Test socket for when TT run tests.
Steve -
0 Likes

abcgazz123
First Timer
Message 7 of 9

My Internet connection has been gone for some time,  not sure about the landine as I don't use this,  getting the same message when I run tests,  being taken round in circles,  I am in Glasgow. 

0 Likes

Ste_Nix14
Community Star
Message 8 of 9
If you have a issue with one of your services they can affect the other. Has service centre arranged an engineer or told you where the issue maybe located (outside / inside the property). If you run it a few times it normally arranges an engineer if it hasn't already done.

Never the less A member of TT should pick this up and assist you with getting the fault resolved and arranging compensation for loss of service.

Steve -
0 Likes