cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Connection between Modem and Router dropping

Agent47
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Hi. My Internet is going down constantly. I thought this was a supply problem at first. But the "Broadband" light on my modem is lit up constantly, with the "WAN" light going dark with a flashing orange light on my router before going to a light that flashes between orange and white, then finally solid white. Is this fixable? Or do I need new equipment? Maybe I'm thinking it's an equipment problem when it could still be a line problem. 

Regards

Tyler

Modem: Sagemcom F@ST 4370 UK

Router: Sagemcom F@ST 5464

Package: Fibre 250

PS: When this problem occurs,  the actual WiFi network disappears. If that's any useful information

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Agent47

Thanks for your reply.

The router is on its way, please allow 48-72hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Yes. It’s correct. Thank you!

Message 3 of 7

Hi Tyler

Thanks for your reply.

I will send the router to the address linked to the telephone number in your Community Profile.

Is the correct landline number showing in your profile? (please do not post any personal information on this thread)

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 7

Hi. Thanks for your reply! Yes, that would be great. Thank you. It definitely looks like a problem with the router and not the modem to me, so I think the replacement router is a good path. How would I go about sending you the required details?

Regards

Tyler

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see some re-connections on the line. Just to confirm, does it look like it's just the router that is losing the connection and not the Openreach modem? If so then we can send a replacement router for testing purposes to see how this compares.

Thanks

Michelle

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Some staff will be back on Wednesday, @Agent47, and phone support won't be available before then either. 

Chat also has more limited hours over the festive period, but is available every day:

20231222_210119.jpg

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.