cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Connection keeps dropping on iPhone

LewisJFC
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 50 of 50

Hi all.

I am on Fibre65 and have had no issues previously until about a few months ago.

If I don’t use my iPhone for a few minutes it will stop connecting to my wifi, even though the symbol clearly shows it is connected at the top of my phone’s screen. In order to fix this I have to turn wifi off on my phone and on again. Then it connects immediately. This happens frequently. 

I have turned the router off and on again, and actually found that I had a new unused Sagecom router in my house that I am now using. I thought changing the router would fix this issue but it hasn’t. 

I don’t have this issue with my iPhone on any other WiFi connection, just my home TalkTalk one.

Hoping people can help

0 Likes
49 REPLIES 49

Message 21 of 50

It still struggles when doing the test 

DMHALL
0 Likes

Message 22 of 50

Hi @Deanosafc24 

Please can you complete the below test again now?

Can you powercycle the iPhone once.

When the connection fails, can you try accessing a website via IP address for example 142.251.36.46   (google.com)

This will bypass DNS.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 50

Ok 👍 

DMHALL

Message 24 of 50

@Deanosafc24 

Our Devices Team have asked if you can run a quick test whilst they are monitoring. Just waiting for them to let me know what time if you are free to run the test then.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 50

This router is a new one, I’ve had it a week gone Saturday but this bug was also with the router before aswell. 

DMHALL
0 Likes

Message 26 of 50

HI @Deanosafc24 

Thank you. I've located the serial number now of your router and our Devices Team are going to log results of this issue occurring.

0 Likes

Message 27 of 50

Ive sent u a private message with my number. 

DMHALL
0 Likes

Message 28 of 50

@Deanosafc24 - Could you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, our Devices Team would like to check the connection logs.

0 Likes

Deanosafc24
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 50

Anymore updates on this BUG please? 

DMHALL
0 Likes

Message 30 of 50

Hi @LewisJFC 

I will ask our Devices Team to check your connection logs. The issue is still being investigated.

Is the number in your Community Profile the correct number for your line?

0 Likes

Message 31 of 50

Hi @Deanosafc24 

Could you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, our Devices Team would like to check the connection logs.

0 Likes

Message 32 of 50

No automatic compensation for this sort of thing, @Deanosafc24.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Deanosafc24
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 33 of 50

I wonder if there’s any compensation or discounts for us that are affected. ? 

DMHALL
0 Likes

Deanosafc24
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 34 of 50

Anymore updates? Cos the bug is still alive and well even when you use 142.251.36.46

DMHALL
0 Likes

Message 35 of 50

Hi, just tried it when the issue occurred again (it’s literally every time I leave my phone idle for more than a few minutes at this point) and it just hangs like it does as if you’d typed the address in normally.

Message 36 of 50

Hi @LewisJFC 

Did you see my colleague Karl's update on 22/08

Our devices Team - after speaking with sagemcom have asked if you can test the following.

When the connection fails, can you try accessing a website via IP address for example 142.251.36.46   (google.com)

This will bypass DNS.

0 Likes

LewisJFC
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 37 of 50

Is there an update for this issue?

My phone was okay for a few days but for the last two days the connection drops have been constant.

thanks

0 Likes

Message 38 of 50

You received a staff response earlier today,  @Deanosafc24.

Please follow up on your own thread, which is here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/WiFi-hub-IPhone-Bug/td-p/3057584

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Deanosafc24
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 39 of 50

Is there any update on the problem please? 

DMHALL
0 Likes

Message 40 of 50

Hi 

Our devices Team - after speaking with sagemcom have asked if you can test the following.

This will bypass DNS.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes