cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Connection keeps dropping on iPhone

LewisJFC
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 51 of 51

Hi all.

I am on Fibre65 and have had no issues previously until about a few months ago.

If I don’t use my iPhone for a few minutes it will stop connecting to my wifi, even though the symbol clearly shows it is connected at the top of my phone’s screen. In order to fix this I have to turn wifi off on my phone and on again. Then it connects immediately. This happens frequently. 

I have turned the router off and on again, and actually found that I had a new unused Sagecom router in my house that I am now using. I thought changing the router would fix this issue but it hasn’t. 

I don’t have this issue with my iPhone on any other WiFi connection, just my home TalkTalk one.

Hoping people can help

0 Likes
50 REPLIES 50

Message 41 of 51

Hi 

Our devices Team - after speaking with sagemcom have asked if you can test the following.

When the connection fails, can you try accessing a website via IP address for example 142.251.36.46   (google.com)

This will bypass DNS.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 42 of 51

Hi

as advised, we now only issue the Sagemcom router and will wait for our devices team to get back to us.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 43 of 51

This is the only router that Talktalk sends out for Fibre65 packages, @LewisJFC.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 44 of 51

This isn’t the first time this issue has happened with a Sagemcom router and my iPhone.

Could a different router by a different manufacturer be sent to me?

0 Likes

Message 45 of 51

Morning,

Apologies, no additional update as yet. The Devices Team are still working with Sagemcom to try and get to the bottom of this issue.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 46 of 51

Any updates on this problem? 

DMHALL
0 Likes

Message 47 of 51

Hi @LewisJFC 

I'm really sorry about this.

Our Devices Team are looking into this issue and we will post back as soon as we have further updates.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 48 of 51

After updating to 17.6.1 everything seemed initially fine. There was even moments where it seemed like the wifi had gone stale but then the page would load. But this morning I woke up to the problem and had to turn wifi on and off on my phone to rectify. Then it did it again about 10 minutes later when my phone was left idle.

0 Likes

LewisJFC
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 49 of 51

Hi,

I am on an iPhone 12 running iOS 17.5.1 (21F90). I have just been asked to update to 17.6.1 but updating previously while the issue has been occurring hasn’t helped 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 50 of 51

Good afternoon,

Thanks for your post. Our Devices Team are currently looking into this particular issue at the moment as we seen a few posts about this. Could you confirm the model of your iphone please and also the version of IOS that it is currently running? Has your phone recently updated to a newer IOS version?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes