FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant DNS Errors and Intermittent Connection on Multiple Devices

jackyhutchinson
First Timer
Message 2 of 2

Hi,

I have been having issues with my broadband since last weekend with all devices keep showing up intermittent DNS issues. Sites like google will just come up saying site cannot be found and various dns probe and dns config errors.  After a 3-4 page refreshes the site will load.

It's doing this on all devices (laptop and a few different modern phones) so is resulting in instability and we're also getting various different speed test results from 1MBs to 42MBS

I have reset the router back to factory settings and still having the same issue.

The router is connected to the master socket and I've also tried connecting it via a different micro filter, directly into the internal socket in the master socket (after sliding out the plate) but continue having the same issue.

I've also tried testing different wifi channels but nothing is solving the problem.

The router device version is: DG8041W-2.T5 and I believe it is on the latest 

Is anyone else having the same DNS issues and is there a way to resolve this? - think it's a router issue and not an issue with the line or sockets

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 2

Hi

Have you logged into the router and tried changing DNS settings to use other DNS servers to see if this keeps happening.

You could try Google - 8.8.8.8 &  8.8.4.4

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE