FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable WiFi optimisation please!!

MJMiah99
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hello I would like WiFi optimization to be disabled on my sagecom router; it has become a hindrance to my quality of life when using my internet. I have constantly been frustrated with the service so I did a bit of research to better my quality of life when using my internet service and found out that I could go into my router settings and change the channels to find a perfect channel that provides the best connectivity around my house. 

However I've come to the realization that the WiFi channels I have set for my 5ghz gets reset and it is due to this WiFi optimization setting. My personal details are all up to date on my community account, if further details/information is required of me I am available to provide them upon request.

Please, Please disable this WiFi optimization for me. Thank you.

Regards. 

J.Miah 

J.Miah
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi MJMiah99

Thank you, please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

MJMiah99
First Timer
Message 2 of 5

Cheers, will inform how my connection varies over the next few weeks. Hopefully now that WiFi optimisation is switched off, my set channels for 2.4ghz and 5ghz will remain as how I have them rather than being tampered with. Cheers again.

Regards.

J.Miah. 

J.Miah

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi MJMiah99

I'm sorry to hear this.

The WIFI optimisation has now been switched off. Please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @MJMiah99,

The staff here on the community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond tomorrow and will be able to disable Wi-Fi Optimisation for you.