FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency Dongle

Nick1970
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 6

I wonder if anyone can advise because trying to get hold of an actual person at talktalk to speak to is proving impossible.

On Saturday 19th of June there was a serious road accident that destroyed the Openreach Street cabinets for our area. So we are going to be without Internet and phone lines for who knows how long. BT customers are being sent USB dongles, free of charge, to get on the Internet. It was posted on FB that talktalk are not sending dongles out but will reimburse customers who buy one. Is there anyone from talktalk that monitors the forum that can confirm that? 

Reluctant tech user
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 6

Hi Nick1970

Sorry to read about the problems that you have had.. 

That isn't a service that we have ever offered. 

Apologies again.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi @martswain It was just a local FB user (I don't have FB) My son showed me the message. She said she'd managed to actually speak to someone at talktalk.

Reluctant tech user
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

@Nick1970 who posted on Facebook that TT would be reimbursing the cost of a dongle ?

I have never heard of that ever happening.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Thanks @Skynet_TX. I have been hotspoting my mobile phone to the laptop over the last few days but its been a very unstable connection. Zoom meetings have been horrendously laggy. Just hoping if I get a dongle it will be a better connection. Probably go for a different network to my phone just in case. 

Reluctant tech user
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @Nick1970,

TalkTalk staff do work on this forum, they will hopefully be able to respond to this tomorrow.