FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 503 after house move

PhilS373
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Hi there,
I’ve recently moved house and tried to swap my broadband over to the new address. An open reach engineer came a few days ago  to finalise the set up, light went white on router but still no WiFi, error message 503 comes up saying it’s an internal server problem. He mentioned this is a problem he sometimes sees with talktalk who try to shift the blame back to open reach. Really frustrated as it’s now been over 3 weeks since we moved in and still no WiFi. Had countless calls to talktalk but just seems I’m going round in circles. How can I resolve this issue without changing provider?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

The service is not showing live on our end as the orders are still open.  The order should complete when it has been acknowledged and sent back to us from Openreach so it could be stuck in the system, either on the openreach side or ours.  I'm not sure where the failure is, so asking our Order management team is the way forward as they can look at the orders and contact or raise a bridge case with Openreach if this is stuck on their side.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

PhilS373
First Timer
Message 2 of 8

Thank you for the reply, that’s disappointing to hear considering it’s been over 3 weeks since our initial ‘go live’ date. Is there anything that can be done to speed up this process? An Openreach engineer was actually at the property by chance a couple of days ago and confirmed that the line is installed and that the error is an internal problem with talktalk. Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi

The service has not gone live at your property and the orders to provide are still open with Openreach.

I've raised this to our order management teams requesting further information.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

PhilS373
First Timer
Message 4 of 8

Hi there, yes that number is correct although I don’t actually have a landline phone to check the socket. Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hello,

Just to confirm, is the telephone number in your Community Profile correct? Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

PhilS373
First Timer
Message 6 of 8

Thanks for the reply! I’ve tried leaving it off for 30 mins but not the factory reset, will try that now.

hopefully someone will be along in the morning if that doesn’t work!

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi @PhilS373,

If you have a landline phone can you dial 17070, this will read back the phone number of the line, can you ensure this is the number you expect (i.e. the number displayed in 'My Account').

Have you tried leaving the router switched off for over 30 minutes to fully reset your session ?

Have you tried doing a factory reset of the router by holding in the reset switch on the back for over 10 seconds (note that this would lose any settings you may have ever changed in the router) ?

Sometimes the TalkTalk systems can need a bit of a nudge to get things working when you move an account to a new address, the staff here on the community will be able to take a look at this, they will hopefully be able to reply to this post tomorrow to help further.