22-05-2021 12:01 PM - edited 22-05-2021 12:10 PM
Hi - I have signed up for FTTP 500gb Data Only package very recently, and currently I am on NOW Broadband FTTC. So.
1. when I signed up this (FTTP with TT) - sales said I don't need to cancel my current service separately and they will take care of it on takeover date.
2. but I didn't get any order confirmation from TT so called their order status support (that's FTTP support 0345 172 0074) and asked about my current broadband changeover, agent (checked with his manager) said I need to cancel my Now Broadband by myself since its FTTC and they will be installing FTTP so its all separate and means I need to request cancellation myself. OK so I did that y'day.
3. then after a day (today) I called TT about my order progress again and tried to double check above - agent on phone checked with manager and this time they said - no I don't put a request on my current/NOW broadband provider as putting a cease by myself on line will delay things and they will notify Openreach/BT/Now (whoever running my line) that they are taking over. so asked me to cancel my cancellation! - so I did that now. I asked him to check 2/3 times but seems he was confident.
So my question is;
1. can anyone confirm what's right? as I am totally confused and don't want to delay things! - note that existing connection is FTTC via Now with active phone line and am moving to FTTP data only (no phone line).
2. It seems strange it taking a week to progress the FTTP order - as seems no communication from TT. Is this normal? I only have order number (which is in my private note in my profile if any OCE needs that) and do not have customer number yet.
thanks in advance
on 25-05-2021 08:56 AM
on 25-05-2021 08:38 AM
on 25-05-2021 06:36 AM
24-05-2021 02:38 PM - edited 24-05-2021 02:38 PM
many thanks for getting back and the link - since this post I have managed to get hold of FTTP dedicated support or order status - and now they have confirmed that I don't need to cancel my existing FTTC/ADSL (from other provide) - as this will delay if Openreach see an cease request on line. So over the weekend I have cancel my cancellation with existing provider - so looks order is progressed from TT and they have submitted to Openreach to action on! - so looks I am on waiting mode.
Its shame there is no way to know how far its progressed - until/when Openreach come back - so for now planning to call FTTP support daily and ask for update. - as seems no or min. communication back to say what's happening.
Is there any way you can escalate this to FTTP team from your end? and not sure if you/FTTP team have any influence with Openreach to do their bit too?
on 24-05-2021 01:06 PM
I'm sorry for the delay. Unfortunately we can't provide specific support for Future Fibre via the Community. Have you been able to get through to our Future Fibre Team?
on 23-05-2021 07:43 PM
on 23-05-2021 03:24 PM
FTTP is a brand new and separate installation and if you already have an Openreach based service through your phoneline with another provider then that will be unaffected. So as I understand it you will need to cancel with that provider. But for the sake of continuity of service you would be best to wait until your new service has gone live.
It is fair to say that the switching procedures have not yet been clarified fully. Hopefully the support team can do so when they respond.
on 23-05-2021 03:02 PM
on 23-05-2021 12:01 PM
23-05-2021 11:53 AM - edited 23-05-2021 07:46 PM
thanks yeah sure will give it a go on chat today as think support usually shut on Sunday - thanks for the link.
I think staff on the chat probably not much trained on FTTP - while ordering and upon asking some info on FTTP they simply gave me their FTTP sales and support phone!
Well no harm in try. Thanks.
on 23-05-2021 10:48 AM
on 23-05-2021 08:58 AM
Staff reply Monday to Friday on here, @playpad, so your post is in the queue for attention but it might be quicker to use Chat today.
Keep your copy of the transcript/take screenshots as you go.
Chat shows with a blue background banner when available on this page:
Full details of opening hours are also listed there.