FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faster Fibre Speed Boost not working

AllyT
Participant
Message 9 of 9

I upgraded to Faster Fibre with Speed Boost on 28/01/20. I was promised a minimum speed of 57MB download and 17MB upload. I have the new hub but I am only getting the same speed as before getting the boost, 36MB download and 9MB upload.

I have chatted to 4 different agents, going through the same tests but still no joy. My Hub needs the firmware updating but it always fails when they try remotely. I can see that the hub is only getting 40MB and it says in my account I am only getting 40MB. I have tried switching the hub off for 30 minutes but it makes no difference at all.

What can I do?

Thanks for any help

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Actually - I've just seen this has been resolved in another thread so no need to reply. 

Thanks

Emma

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi Alistair, 

I've sent a PM to confirm some details so I can take a look into this for you.

Thanks

Emma

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Not really sorted now. I have had many problems getting the payments sorted out, thought I had finally done it but now they are charging me £30 admin fee! For their mistakes! I have set up a DD and can't stop the payment, nobody is working in the call centres now so can't sort it out. Also they are taking the payment 3 days before the agreed date. Really getting seriously fed up with TalkTalk now...

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Message 5 of 9

Thanks for the help but I managed to sort it out after 2 hours on chat

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9
0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Thanks for the answer, so what do I do about the extra charges I have incurred? £30 for a hub I don't need and an extra monthly charge?

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 9

Hi AllyT

I've checked your account and our system will not allow the boost to be added to your account. 

This is because the maximum speed attainable on your line looks to be just above 40mbps so the company had taken the decision to remove to option of the boost from such lines, as it will not provide any benefit to you for the cost of the boost. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this. 

0 Likes