FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty Hub

robznet
Chatterbox
Message 11 of 11

Hi everyone - 1st post here so please be gentle! I have spoken on live chat a total of 5 times now to try securing a new hub. I have been experiencing very frequent disconnects and having to turn the hub off 3-4 times a day to reconnect.

Line has been checked at least 3 times - all is ok. They wanted me to use my own mobile data to carry on with the chat while they checked the router. I can fully understand the need for that but I diagnosed the problem as a faulty router myself by connecting a Sky router I have and everything is 100% ok now. 

They will not send a replacement router without charging me for it! Is it just me or am I being forced to use my own equipment as theirs is just not up to the job?

Your views on this would be greatly appreciated!

Rob Jacques

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Morning,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hi Debbie

New router arrived last Saturday and I installed it.

Faulty one had been sent on it's way back to TalkTalk.

It's now been just over a week and so far no disconnections and no re-setting required.

I just want to thank you one more time for taking this on for me when TalkTalk's own agents didn't want to know.

Excellent result and everyone is happy!

Take care Debbie and stay safe!

Rob Jacques

Message 3 of 11

Hi Rob

Apologies for this.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Thank you for your help! I would have been prepared to keep using my old Sky router but that would mean that I'm in effect paying for something that I cannot use.

Don't know for the life of me why they insisted that a replacement router would be chargeable when I had done the diagnosing for them, maybe it's just the way they are trained to handle problems.

Anyway, thanks again and I will post the results (good or bad).

Rob Jacques

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi Rob

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 6 of 11

Hi again Debbie, I have added my landline number (not been used since 2017 though!) but couldn't find anywhere to add account number(s).

Hope this will be enough information but if not please let me know.

Rob Jacques

Message 7 of 11

Hi Debbie, thanks for taking this on for me! I will add the info now.

Please note that TalkTalk have always had two account numbers for me so I will add both!

Rob Jacques

Message 8 of 11

Hi Rob

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number or account number to your Community Profile. I can then send you a replacement router for testing.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

Just updated my community profile - thanks for the advice!

The hub is at least a couple of years old, no problems at first but it's obviously faulty now.

If someone could take this on my behalf I would be really appreciative.

Rob Jacques

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi @robznet,

The staff here will be able to run some tests on your connection just to make sure it all looks good. If you are currently using a non TalkTalk router and not getting any problems then that does obviously point the finger at the TalkTalk router itself.

Is the TalkTalk router a new one that has shown this problem since you started using it, or is it one you have had some time and it has worked fine in the past.

If it is a new router can you confirm that you are using the cable and microfilter (if required) that was supplied with the router, as sometimes if you use the new TalkTalk routers with older cables / microfilters they can have issues.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.