FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty Router

Mark1988
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 10

Hi, I believe my router (Talk Talk WiFi hub FAST5364-3.T8) if faulty, it is not connecting to the majority of my devices and has a very short range (maybe 4-5m if I’m lucky - it won’t reach from the living room to the kitchen or upstairs to the bedrooms). I have tried the online chat, but went round and round in circles for over an hour not getting anywhere (all they would talk about is me not having a TV account with talk talk, and wouldn’t accept the problem is the TV’s not connecting to the internet along with the majority of the other devices). Does anyone know how to get a replacement for a faulty router?

The range has been getting worse for a while, but today all of the devices apart from our phones will not connect, all of the sky Q boxes, all of the smart TV’s etc. 
Thank you for any help. Mark.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Mark1988

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know.

Debbie 🙂

Mark1988
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 10

Hi, sorry for the delay in replying, the new router arrived okay and has been up and running for a couple of weeks now, and is working a lot better. Thank you very much.

Message 3 of 10

Hi Mark

No problem 🙂

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Mark1988
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 10

Okay thank you very much

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi Mark

Thank you.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 6 of 10

Hi Skynet, thank you for your message,  I connected my laptop which wasn’t working upstairs by wire last night and that worked okay, I’ll have a look into interference but it’s in the corner of the room with nothing new there, it was working fine but over time the signal has got weaker and weaker, and now doesn’t want to connect things at all. Hopefully the test router they are sending out will help, I’ll update you once I have received it. Thank you, Mark.

Mark1988
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 10

Hi Debbie, I have updated my phone number in my account. Thank you

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 10

Hi Mark1988

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then send you a replacement router for testing.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi @Mark1988,

Do you have any devices connected 'wired', if so do these devices work well and get the speeds you expect.

This could be a router fault, but if it is only affecting wireless it could equally be Wi-Fi interference.

To troubleshoot Wi-Fi interference you could change the channels that your router broadcasts the Wi-Fi signal on, you can use free smartphone Apps like this to see what channels are being used within range of your smartphone, you can then change your router to use channels that are less congested.

If trying the above makes no difference then it may indicate an issue with the router, the staff here would be able to help with that.

Be aware that the Sagemcom router has a 'feature' called 'Wi-Fi Optimisation', this means it can change the Wi-Fi channel itself, overriding what you have set it to, it can randomly do this after minutes, hours or days !. So if you do find a channel that works well, but then things go bad again, check to see if the router has changed channel to something different to what you set it to. If you do experience this problem then just post back here to ask the staff to disable the 'Wi-Fi Optimisation' on your router, once that is done it will stay on whatever channel you set it to.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.