FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 65 download speeds.

davep2
Popular Poster
Message 12 of 12

Hi, I have been on Fibre 65 for nearly a year now.  I have now noticed a reduction in the reliability of the service and frequent disconnections at my device.  Speed to my Router is 77Mbps - status good.  Speed to my device is download 19Mbps and upload 18Mbps - status poor.

I have tried the router reset option with no change noticed.  I cannot connect via an ethernet cable as my laptop doesn't have a socket.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks David

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 1 of 12

Sorry to seem pedantic, but this still doesn't help me, the colours of the strongest signals do not match your networks. It could well be because in the AP view you are only showing me either the router or this WiFi Booster, not both together.

I need to see them all in one screenshot, so there should be four networks totally visible the router's 2.4 & 5GHz bands as well as the booster's 2.4 & 5GHz bands (assuming that this booster is dual band). Then get just one screenshot of the Signal graph,  Channels 2.4GHz & Channels 5GHz.

Please can you give me the model number of the booster, so I can see exactly what type of booster/extender it is?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

davep2
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 12

Apologies, for wrong information.  I have attached the screenshots from talktalk FB82CE and also the Comfast wifi booster, although I am currently not connected via this.

davep2_0-1649156250971.png

davep2_1-1649156323752.png

davep2_2-1649156425511.png

davep2_3-1649156479069.png

davep2_5-1649156706787.png

davep2_6-1649156761371.png

davep2_7-1649156813762.png

davep2_8-1649156853079.png

davep2_9-1649156932648.png

davep2_10-1649156984576.png

davep2_11-1649157030460.png

davep2_12-1649157072973.png

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 3 of 12

You have not provided a screenshot of the main AP view from Netspot. Without that, the other screenshots are meaningless. The colour scheme used to identify the networks can change each time the analyser is started, so please can you get me a fresh set of all of the screenshots?

Thanks.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

These are my results from running the Netspot programme from Talktalk FB82CE.  Hopefully it provides sufficient data.

Thanks

0 Likes

davep2
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 12

davep2_4-1649092306643.png

davep2_5-1649092355024.png

davep2_6-1649092389147.png

davep2_7-1649092440695.png

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 6 of 12

I will PM you a link for a guide of mine on Wi-Fi interference & initially look at the section called "Are you suffering from interference – prove it first". This section includes full details of Wi-Fi analysers that I recommend for Windows, Windows phone, Android and Apple operating systems. However, I have no way of testing the Apple product. Do not worry about interpreting the results, I will do that for you.

Please post the screenshots that I have requested in my guide (no photos please they can be difficult to read as text can get out of focus when zoomed), from the analyser you are using (also in my attached guide). Please ensure that the analyser window is maximised (if Windows) before taking the screenshots & upload them via the "Insert Photos" button (in a mobile browser it's the picture icon) on the post editor's toolbar with the Size parameter set to Large. If they are too small, I will not be able to read them & although I can enlarge them, this just puts the text out of focus. If you prefer PM them to me. If you do PM me, then please add a link in there to this thread, so as I can find it easily.

Keith

0 Likes

davep2
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 12

Hi Keith, any assistance is appreciated.

The back of the Router tells me it is a Huawei HG633.  The software Settings page says it is a Realtek 8821CE.

Thanks David

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 8 of 12

Hi @davep2 

@Michelle-TalkTalk has asked me to help you with your wireless problems.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, no signal on some or all devices, or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a by-product of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

If you would like me to help you, please can you specify the make/model of TalkTalk router that you are using?

Keith

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. @KeithFrench would you be able to offer any assistance for the wireless speeds please.

Thanks

davep2
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 12

Thanks for the advice. I have powered down the router for a full 30 mins and re-booted.  I have not noticed any change in the flickering green lights when disconnected.

Just done some more speed tests:

2ft away from the router - 40Mbps download and 18Mbps upload speeds.

20ft from the router - 29Mbps download and 18Mbps upload.

Different room from the router - 9.0Mbps download and 17.8 upload.

Regards David

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

Hello,

I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault and the connection stats look ok. Can I just confirm, have you noticed if any of the lights change on the router when the connection drops? In regards to the slow speeds, could you try powering down the router for a full 30 minutes and then retest the speeds again following this as this will reset the current session and can often increase the throughput speeds.

Thanks

0 Likes