cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre 65 not getting guaranteed speed

sajid
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 34 of 34

Hi, so fibre 65 has just gone live today, was previously on fibre 35 achieving the full 40/10 download/upload.

But looking at the sync speed it's not near the guaranteed speed offered in my contract, I'm currently plugged into the the master socket and that's the nte5c mk4 master socket, no other sockets in the house.

Will a rep please be able to take a look at my speeds, I've switched the router off for 30 minutes to refresh the connection to the cabinet and I'm also using the latest wifi hub.

I'm not even hitting the guaranteed upload sync speed either.

Here is the email copy about my speeds;

You can look forward to an estimated download speed between 62.7Mb/s and 80.0Mb/s with a minimum guaranteed speed of 56.2Mb/s with a guaranteed upload speed of 20.0Mb/s.

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33

Message 1 of 34

Morning,

Thanks for the update.

Michelle

0 Likes

sajid
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 34

Hi, I have sent the faulty sagemcom router back alongside some microfilters and cables that accumulated over the years, using the free returns bag.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 34

Hi @sajid 

Please note that even with a FAST 266 WiFi booster, the router will still be subject to WiFi Optimisation.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 34

The sagemcom router doesn't work well with my tp link wifi extender because of the wifi optimisation feature and I also have dead spots in the house that's why I have a need for an extender, I've reset the extender and also installed the latest firmware but still was having issues so I was thinking if there is something available that is wifi hub compatible then I could request one, it's worth an ask.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 34

I will ask TalkTalk to look into this. You also mention a WiFi mesh extender, please can you be more specific as to why you need this.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 34

Hi, I would like to ask is it normal for a router to be making a strange static noise my sagemcom wifi hub is making this noise it's not loud but it's audible in a quiet room, the router seems to have a couple of scratches it seems as if it has been used, I also noticed that when it arrived the back stand was detatched from one side but I have removed the router, as I'm worried about a fire risk, I'm sending back this router as I have a returns bag, would it be possible to send out another wifi hub please? Alongside a wifi mesh extender if it's offered free?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 34

Hi

Different routers with different chipsets will sync at different rates but with the overall speeds, this will not usually be noticeable in day to day browsing.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 34

Just an update, just hooked up my hg633 router to see what sort of speeds I would get, and it was a big jump in sync speeds, from 51,000kbps to 57,500kbps roughly. The WiFi hub black is clearly not up to it for sync speeds but it's a shame the only thing letting the sagemcom down is the wifi optimisation, I may just have to stick to the HG633 and see how that performs, but it is giving me more than my guaranteed sync speed, I've attached screenshots below of connection stats between the Huawei HG633 and Huawei wifi hub.

Thanks for your help guys.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 34
0 Likes

Message 10 of 34

Hi I will test further and see if speed drops, I'll have to give the sagemcom hub a try for a couple of days to see if it maintains speed, if the routers aren't doing anything to improve speed then there must be an issue with the line, I'll post back with some updates, and see where we can progress from there.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 34

Hi sajid,

Yes there does appear to have been a profile change in the early hours of this morning

Chris

0 Likes

sajid
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 34

Hi thanks for your reply, the router has been connected and I have not rebooted, it must have happened in the early ours of the morning, so must have been a disconnection or a DLM profile change.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 34

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which is clear, however I can see that the sync speed has dropped very slightly. I can see a re-connection today, did the connection drop or did you reboot or switch off the router?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

sajid
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 34

Hello I have noticed a slight drop in throughput speeds, it looks as if DLM has made some changes in early hours of the morning, and my speed seems to be dropping, are you able to see why please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 34

Hi sajid,

It is quite normal for different makes and models of router to sync at slightly different speeds unless DLM is capping the speed. Personally I would take the slight reduction in sync speed if the wireless performance is better

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 34

Hi Thanks for your reply, I have had to revert back to the wifi hub black, as I was having issues with the wifi optimization changing channels even when set to a manual channel, this was also causing issues with my TP link wifi extender, previously we have had no issues with wifi, only up until we connected the sagemcom wifi hub.

Though the sagemcom wifi hub syncs at a higher rate of 55000kbps and gives me a throughput of 52.5mbps download speed and about 17.5 mbps upload speed (Actual download).

Below is my line stats from the wifi hub black, why is there a variation between the 2 routers? I have not had any stability issues and are you able to run a line test is there any issues present or are line tests clear?

I may give the sagemcom wifi hub another try but only if there is an option available soon to turn off wifi optimisation please pass that feedback on.

DSL synchronization status:Up
Connection status:Showtime
Upstream line rate (kbit/s):19044
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):52970
Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s):18942
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s):66440
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):6.0
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):6.9
Line standard:Vdsl2_ANNEX_B
Upstream line attenuation (dB):0.1
Downstream line attenuation (dB):7.6
Upstream output power (dBm):3.5
Downstream output power (dBm):14.5
DSL up time:4 days 10 hours 36 minutes 0 second
0 Likes

Message 17 of 34

Morning,

How has your connection been since your last post?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 18 of 34

I'm using a tp link wifi extender, I'm having to reboot the extender when the channels get changed as the extender cannot cope with it, it doesn't recognise the channel change, I've gone back to my Huawei wifi hub black, It syncs at a slightly lower rate but the ping is also lower, and there is no wifi optimisation, it should be user accessible. I just find that the wifi hub black performs alot better than the sagemcom one.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 34

Only the Sagemcom routers use this feature, which is why older ones do not use it. If you could turn off remote management, you would never get WiFi Optimisation disabled, because it can only be done remotely.

You mention WiFi extenders, what make/model are these & how many do you have? I am simply trying to help you, if I can get evidence of what WiFi optimisation is doing wrong, then this will allow me to build up a case, to try to get you an exception.

Keith

0 Likes

sajid
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 34

Right this is getting beyond a joke now, it's messing with my wifi extenders and it's causing havoc! Why isn't there an option to turn this thing off, this so called WiFi optimisation does not work this is why I set a manual channel because I've never had a problem before this! Even the older routers don't do this, the wifi has always been stable it is a simple option and it has been removed, is there even an option to turn off remote management on the wifi hub?

0 Likes