FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 65

zXRICKSTERXz
Chatterbox
Message 13 of 13

I upgraded to Fibre 65 which went live yesterday. One of the reasons for doing so is it says you get a new Black Wi-Fi hub. The Forum suggests if your existing router supports Fibre 65 you won’t receive a new one. I’m assuming mine does which is why I haven’t been sent one, but I’ve had my existing router for a long time and the Black Hub is one of the reasons I re-contracted and upgraded. I’d still very much like the new router. Would this be possible? Otherwise, given my speed hasn’t increased, Fibre 65 is a waste of time....

RJE
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Morning,

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

The problem with doing speed tests on a wireless device is that so many factors can affect WiFi signal performance.

It is best to do a speed test wired, and also it would be interesting to see the router sync speed, but you don't seem to want to give out that information.

From the limited amount of information you are willing to share, I would say that unless there is a fault on your line, the upgrade to Fibre65 was pointless.

Download speed on Fibre35 (the new name for the Faster Fibre you were on before) is capped at 40Mbps sync speed, so If you're not even reaching that, Fibre65 (which simply removes that 40Mbps cap) isn't going to provide any benefit.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Huge thanks Karl 👍

RJE
0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi

I'll get a Hub out to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Pretty sure I’m getting the guaranteed minimum speed now so I’m happy with that. And I did a speed test from my phone on wirelessly so 36 mbps wireless is pretty good. The HG633 is constantly needing power cycles nowadays to keep wi-do though, so I’d still like the new Black hub...

RJE
0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Is 35Mbps the speed you were always getting before the upgrade?

Is that the sync speed from the router or a speed test?

If it's a speed test, is that wired or wireless?, and how does it compare to the sync speed?

You also still haven't answered the question of what speed you were expecting to get on Fibre65.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Speed is actually ok now (35 mbps). The new router would be appreciated for better wi-if coverage though if possible. Many thanks

RJE
0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hello,

Thanks for the update. The HG633 router is fibre compatible so this wouldn't automatically be replaced unless this was agreed with our Loyalty Team. Please let us know how the speed compares following the 30 minute router power down.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

What speed are you getting?

What speed were you getting before you upgraded?

What speed were you told you would get on Fibre65?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

I have the HG633. I’ll try a 30 minute power cycle but as I said, it would be nice to have the new one, after being a customer for 12 years and my HG633 is quite old now. I upgraded from “Faster Fibre”.

RJE
0 Likes

Message 11 of 13

Hi zXRICKSTERXz

Which router are you currently using? (make and model)

Please can you power down the router for a full 30 minutes and then run a speed test?

Thanks

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Message 12 of 13

If your current router is suitable for Fibre and it's working ok then they probably won't send you a new one.

I'm assuming you were on Fibre35 (or equivalent)

What speed were you getting before?

What speed were you told you would get on Fibre65?

have you tried the usual "trick" of powering down the router for 30 minutes to start a new session?