cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre35(ADSL) struggles to get 5mb this week used to get 10mb also drops out occasionally

hughwpearce
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 32 of 32

Speed and stability of internet poor all this week was fine until then getting iplayer buffering and timeouts every half hour or so.   I have not changed anything.

Only just reaches guarenteed download speed of 5.9mb half the time and upload guarentee of 0.4mb is 0.1-0.3mb after main tt bb speed tests..   TT say speed to router is 8-9MB 

Some Webpages give connection lost error and then pop up after about 10-60 s or time out

Sometimes has gone as low as 1.5mb in speed test and have to reboot router to restore it back

Can the my 10Mb be restored and stability restored 

Regards

Hugh

0 Likes
31 REPLIES 31

Message 21 of 32

OK thanks, if you could bump the thread on Monday we'll take a look at the line history over the weekend

Chris

0 Likes

Message 22 of 32

Hi Chris

Telephone all ok.   Never had problems with my kit or installation before except for a duff router i got replaced so I'm confident all is good here so that leaves the line from my house socket to the exchange back to your serves as the obvious cause  of the problem.   

I say this of  many experiences of service problems over the last 20yrs when the service fails sometimes for days without explanation or degrades and in all those times it was never my equipment and was either a line damaged or dodgy connection on the junction  box up the road that caused the problem. 

I was also left without internet for a week a few years back, as were some others around here, that was never explained but mysteriously coincidently coincided with major upgrade work going on at the local telephone exchange. 

I have also seen numerous reports over the years of other users that have had similar service problems  that TT claim that  they cannot locate  after  engineers have done a home visit and found no problem,  that eventually either mysteriously go away or  eventually find a fault at the exchange or on the line.   For whatever reason It seems TT are either not aware or told of  problems  at the exchange  possibly  because of poor reporting and communication systems,  or don't want admit to them as it's bad publicity.   

I'll see if it settles over next 48hrs,  

0 Likes

Message 23 of 32

Hi Hugh,

Could you leave the new router connected to the test socket for at least 48 hours and we'll see if the speed improves. If it doesn't then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further

Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, is there a dial tone? Any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 24 of 32

Hi

Yes got router have just tried it and the speed to router is down to 6mb from 9mb last week  and the download speed is now 2.5Mb which is half the speed of 5.9mb you guarentee in my contract with TT.  I have repeated speed test with the old as well as new router and it still the same  virtual unusable slow speed.

if you cannot fix the problem  and rectify the speed back to where it should be in a timely manner, to  contracted minimum levels  what are my options ?  as its currently unacceptable. 

Regards

Hugh

0 Likes

Message 25 of 32

Hi Hugh

Have you received the replacement router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 26 of 32

Hi Hugh

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 27 of 32

Hi

Thanks I could try a new router if you think that may help

I ran the speed checker 3 times this morning and get around 5mb/0.1mb which is below contracted minimum level of 5.9mb/0.4mb and the 10mb i used to get.  Have you exhausted all other avenues of why this might be happening?

Regards

Hugh

Message 28 of 32

Hi Hugh

I think we should send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 29 of 32

Hi

Router is HG633  

Have tried connecting to master socket with no difference.

My suspicion is this is caused by TT putting too many people sharing giving a poor contention ratio for cost cutting reasons ?  and this why the service has become so poor ?

0 Likes

hughwpearce
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 32

Router is HG633  

Have tried connecting to master socket with no difference.

My suspicion is this is caused by TT putting too many people sharing giving a poor contention ratio for cost cutting reasons ?  and this why the service has become so poor  

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 31 of 32

Hi Hugh

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test and this is clear, no faults detected but I can see re connections on the line.

Which router do you have? Have you connected the router directly at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes