cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Frequent disconnects - getting worse

harrybarman
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 71 of 71

Just back from 2 weeks away and my broadband is suffering from very frequent disconnects (every 5 minutes or so). It's extremely hard to work using the connection.

It started to degrade after OpenReach did some work on the telephone pole servicing my house. The landline on a different pair was out of action (and fixed). I am getting dialtone on the talktalk line. Before going away I had periods where I had frequent disconnects but nothing like this.

Can you help?

Harry

0 Likes
70 REPLIES 70

Message 61 of 71

Hi - I have connected the microfilter/phone/router to the test socket as of this morning. I'll leave it like that for now. The phone line also sounded fine this morning.

Regards,

Harry

0 Likes

Message 62 of 71

Hi - I have connected the microfilter, router and phone to the test socket. I'll leave it like that for the next week. The phone line sounds fine.

Regards,

Harry

0 Likes

Message 63 of 71

Hello,

Thank you for confirming. Would it be possible to connect the microfilter, router and phone at the test socket for at least 24hrs as this will also rule out any possible issues with the faceplate itself?

Thanks

0 Likes

harrybarman
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 64 of 71

Thanks Michelle - I will check the voice line this evening. When I checked on Monday it was fine. Also... there is a test socket but this particular line has no house wiring attached, it's just a master socket with a splitter plugged in then phone + modem. So not much to be gained from plugging into the test socket.

Harry

0 Likes

Message 65 of 71

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've re-run the line test which is clear but it advises that the connection is still stabilising. Is there any noise on the voice service? Does your main socket also have a test socket please?

Thanks

0 Likes

harrybarman
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 66 of 71

Hi Debbie - I didn't notice any disconnects on Tuesday but on Wednesday my wife noticed them again. Sadly I wasn't at home to validate this. Is it possible to check stats on your end?

Regards,

Harry

0 Likes

Message 67 of 71

Hi Harry

How's the connection been since yesterday morning?

0 Likes

Message 68 of 71
0 Likes

harrybarman
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 69 of 71

Thanks Debbie! I will let you know if it's improved.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 70 of 71

Hi Harry

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Openreach have advised that work was recently carried out in your area and the connection will start to stabilise soon. 

Please can you monitor this over the next 48hrs and let us know how you get on?

0 Likes