FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting connected to Fibre35

RH_2021
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Hi

I upgraded from a 'fast broadband' package to a 'Fibre35' package. I've got an e-mail from TalkTalk which promises a 'step-by-step' guide and a 'setup video' to help me get connected to Fibre35. Both appear to be available via hyperlinks in the e-mail (text is blue font underline) however there is no hyperlink in the e-mail; the cursor doesn't change when I hover over the text, and right-click offers no option to open a webpage.

Instead I went into MyAccount and search the support pages for a guide to how to get set up on Fibre35, but there doesn't seem to be any information on the support pages either! I've checked my connection speeds and they are below the minimum promised by Fibre35 so I assume I need to do something to get connected.

Can someone tell me what I need to do to get connected to Fibre35?

Account number is: {Removed for privacy reasons}

Thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 6

Hi RH_2021,

If you need any further assistance just let us know 

Chris

Message 2 of 6

Yep, you have the Huawei Wi-Fi hub that supports both ADSL and VDSL, so it will have just automatically connected to your new Fibre connection, there is nothing you need to do. The 'VDSL' in the line standard is confirmation your router is connected to a Fibre signal. Your speeds are very good, the maximum possible speeds on Fibre 35 are 40 'down' and 10 'up', so if you are getting 39 / 9 then you are pretty much maxing out on connection speed.

If you are running speed tests on devices and not getting speeds anywhere near that then can you confirm if you are running the speed test on wired or wireless devices. If everything is working well you would hope to get a speed test result on a WIRED connection of somewhere over 35 down and 7 up, wireless devices could be very different depending on your local Wi-Fi environment.

Message 3 of 6

Congratulations, you are connected to Fibre 35

Message 4 of 6

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

The router is DG8041W-2 and the line standard is VDSL2-AnnexB, does that mean I'm already connected?

The speeds were 39 ad 9.

Thanks

Rob

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @RH_2021,

Assuming you have a router that supports fibre (VDSL) then you don't have to do anything. If the upgrade has happened and you are still connected to the internet then your router must already support fibre, and so you should not have to do anything.

What model of router do you have ?

What sync speed are you getting to your router ?

Are you running speed test wired or wireless ?, it is best to run them wired to get accurate results.

When you are checking the sync speeds, there may well be something that also tells you the 'line standard' on that same screen (or a screen nearby), if that says VDSL then you are on fibre, if it says ADSL then you are still on your old connection.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

The staff on this community won't be around until Monday now, so you may get faster support by using the live chat over the weekend, however the staff here should respond to this topic next week to help if you are still having issues.