FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HG633 - Internet Speed Drops Over Time - Daily Reboots Needed

jointhedotz
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I've been having issues with my HG633 for quite some time now.  The internet speed will drop from 36Mbps to 3-10Mbps over the course of a day or so despite the router admin page synce speed showing as consistent.  After a reboot of the router  speed tests results will return to my expected 36Mbps.  I've had the router for approx 5 years despite upgrading twice (where I would have expected a new router to be provided as advertised) and expect it's reaching a point where it needs to be replaced.

I've tried talking to support on chat but their advice was to restart the router.....I'm doing this daily already. 

Internal file transfer speeds etc remain consistent even when speed tests show the internet to be slowed. 

Line tests show no line errors. 

Plugging into the master socket makes no difference.

I've tried factory resets etc

The router is the issue. 

We have 2 people currently working from home using the service and reliable connectivity is therefore essential.

Could we please somehow obtain a new router?

Chris Burnham-King
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4
0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Wow, that was fast.  Very much appreciated, I'll update the post asap 🙂

Thanks Debbie

Chris Burnham-King

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi jointhedotz

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've ordered you a replacement router and a returns bag for your current router.

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes