FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet speed

Paul21
Chatterbox
Message 13 of 13

Hello not happy with speed of my internet on fibre 65 but getting speeds of only 22mbs reported  is service  centre but after checks talktalk said all is ok would like someone from talktalk to get in contact thank you 

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi Paul

I've booked the appointment for February 11 2022, PM (13:00-18:00) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi Paul21,

Thanks for answering the security questions. I've sent you a PM requesting a little more information

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges

• Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Yes please I would like it investigated 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

OK thanks. To investigate further we'll need to arrange an engineer visit, If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

No problems with phone line

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi Paul,

Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Have turned off router as suggested  for 30 mins still not good at the time of posting this message my sync speed is only 6.5 mbps can something please be done

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hello,

I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault. I can see that the sync speed has started to increase over the last 48hrs. What speeds are you seeing at the moment? If there is no improvement then can you can try powering down the router for a full 30 minutes as this will reset the current session and can increase the throughput speeds.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Name and phone number added 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 13

Hi Paul21

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

Hi @Paul21,

Is this the speed to your router, or the speed to your device that you are looking at in Service Centre ?

What is your expected speed range, and guaranteed minimum speed ?

If you log into your router to check your sync speed does this show speeds below your estimated range. If you run a speed test (ideally from both a wired and wireless device so that you can compare), how close are the speed test results to the sync speed shown on your router.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk staff on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.