cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Issues and account been showing faults for months

mancsies
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Since I signed up to TalkTalk a few months ago it’s been showing faults on my account every time I do a line test. I thought the issue would be resolved on its own but it wasn’t. I am on Full Fibre 150. I did a speed test and I can see I am not even getting minimum speed (110Mb/s) but the speed should average higher than this. At the moment I am only getting on average between 60-80Mb/s. 

An engineer came last week and all he did was change the socket front to a G Fast one and he seemed to think this would fix the issue, and it did for a few days, but it’s just gone back to how it was before. I haven’t touched it or anything since the engineer left. All the wires are fine, it has a new socket front, so I have no idea. There’s been some kind of issue any time I have checked my account.

Anyone got any advice? 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi mancsies

Sometimes it is worth re-setting the router every couple of months so the line profile is reset, chances are the engineer did something at the exchange to reset the line speed before changing the socket.

Glad it sorted now. 

Message 2 of 5

Hi, thanks for the response.

I actually reset the router and did another speed test and it’s actually never been faster. Not sure what the issue was before I reset it but it’s all working fine now! 

Any suggestions on what the issue was so I can stop it happening again? Thanks.

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

HI mancsies

Sorry that you are having problems.

Have you powered down the router for 30 mins.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

I've moved your post from the Full Fibre forum as your service would seem to be a Gfast Fibre 150 service that is a Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) service not Full (FTTP) Fibre to the Premises.

You should therefore have a Gfast modem connected to the BT Master socket. It's correct that the Gfast service should have a Gfast service specific faceplate fitted to the Master Socket. Your TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub connects via the Red WAN socket to the Gfast modem broadband port.

To prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the customer email address and account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

TalkTalk Support will be here next week to pick up this topic and test your service.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution