FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss internet

silverbird63
Whizz Kid
Message 44 of 44

This isn't the first time in the last month. Once again we have lost connection both on Saturday and today. We switch of modem and then switch on then wait until sometimes get reconnected. Could a rep for talktalk pick up this thread and get things sorted as we have just renewed and have a few days left to cancel if not happy. We have no problem with our home electrics. I think it may be the super modem.

Thank you

Thank you

Not an expert at much just like to learn about as many things as I can
0 Likes
43 REPLIES 43

Message 1 of 44

Congestion just means there are a lot of wireless devices in your local area which can reduce throughput speeds as you can get multiple devices sharing the same channel

Chris

0 Likes

silverbird63
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 44

Hi will keep checking over next few days. Is it best to use my acct speed test? What is congestion? Sorry not savvy.🤣

0 Likes

silverbird63
Whizz Kid
Message 3 of 44

Hi will monitor next few days and give report. What does congestion mean. Not tech savvy. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 44

Hi silverbird63,

Glad to hear that the speeds have improved, sorry, can't see if the channel has been changed but showing congestion on all channels

Chris

0 Likes

silverbird63
Whizz Kid
Message 5 of 44

Hi Chris yes have new router in all of a sudden speed up. Strange thing. Could be the sun has come out. The thing is the speed test type has changed on my acct but showing much better speeds than earlier this morning. Has the band been changed? Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 44

OK thanks, do you still have the new router connected?

Chris

0 Likes

silverbird63
Whizz Kid
Message 7 of 44

Thanks for replying Michelle . The speed test shows 23 poor on my android but better on my laptop. It says error and cannot show me previous 7days speeds.  Any tips ? Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 44

Morning,

Thanks for trying this. Has there been an improvement in speed following the 30 minute router power down as this will reset the current session and can often improve the throughput speeds?

Thanks

0 Likes

silverbird63
Whizz Kid
Message 9 of 44

Hi Chris have switched off for 30mins and back on line. What next? Thanks

0 Likes

silverbird63
Whizz Kid
Message 10 of 44

Will do when I get home. I will let you know. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 44

I know that you did this with the old router but could you switch the router off for 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. This will force the start of a new session 

Chris

0 Likes

silverbird63
Whizz Kid
Message 12 of 44

They do. But still cannot get the speed test as before with the old router. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 44

Do webpages load OK with the new router?

Chris

0 Likes

silverbird63
Whizz Kid
Message 14 of 44

Have set up new one again. But the my acct speed test isn't responding says their is problem check WiFi connection then retry have done and still not working. Just confused.com? Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 44

Thanks for running the speed tests, yes could you try the new router again

Chris

0 Likes

silverbird63
Whizz Kid
Message 16 of 44

Hi have done 3 they all look good just strange the difference in speed test results. Should we always go through my acct? Can we use the new router now please.

0 Likes

silverbird63
Whizz Kid
Message 17 of 44

Hi have done one will do another in 10mins. Strange speed shows different to what talktalk ordinary speed test says. Which is true? Thanks for all the help

0 Likes

Message 18 of 44

Hi silverbird63,

Could you run a couple more speed tests on the My Account speed checker but could you leave at least 10 minutes between the speed tests

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

silverbird63
Whizz Kid
Message 19 of 44

Hi just changed over to older one. Seeds seem same. How long do you want me to leave the old router in. Would like to be able to keep new on as we have just renewed for 2years were hoping for good internet as I rely on it as I am disabled. Thanks Debbie

0 Likes

Message 20 of 44

Hi silverbird63

Yes please, just so we can see if the connection remains stable.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes