FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Installation

djbdane
Chat Champion
Message 4 of 4

Hi 
I have just ordered Fibre 65. Currently the property doesn't have a working phone line - but there is a physical line from the pole to the house. So an engineer is visiting to do the installation. 
I share the house with one other person and this phone line currently enters the property into my housemates room and this is where the socket is. 

Ideally I would like the line to enter the house into my room.
It wouldn't require any additional cable as my room is on the first floor facing the pole and there is already a hole in the wall where Sky cables have previously come through.
Is this possible on the installation and would it cost extra?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay. If there is already an active socket at the property then the engineer may or may not be able to move this as part of the installation. If they advise that they can't then this would be classed as a LVR (Low Volume Request) which would be chargeable.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

@Chris-TalkTalk so there wouldn't be any additional charges if the engineer is willing to move the line entry/socket to my room?

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi djbdane,

You would have to discuss this with the engineer, but they may be reluctant to do this as they are trying to minimise the amount of time they spend inside customers homes due to Covid restriction

Chris