Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Openreach

10 REPLIES 10
lizevans55
Conversation Starter

I reported a fault and engineer came 5/12. He said fault outside of property, rang to report this. I was told openreach would contact in next 3 working days, no contact yet. Speed still 15mb. How can I contact openreach to find out what is happening?

Liz
OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi lizevans55

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can't see any open faults and the line test has not detected any faults.

Just to confirm, did the TalkTalk engineer test with a different router at the test socket? Do you have a dialtone?

Thanks

Debbie

lizevans55
Conversation Starter
Yes he did. Nothing wrong with phone. The prob is poor broadband speed. I'm paying for superfast broadband and getting 15mb. Engineer used his router at test socket and said fault not within property. He reported this, and the person he spoke to then spoke to me and said openreach would be in touch within 3 days. That was on 5th Dec.
Liz
OCE_Debbie

Hi lizevans55

Are you able to connect ok but the speed is slow?

For fibre connections when we test with a different router we advise to leave the router connected for at least 48hrs whilst DLM is monitoring the connection.

Did the engineer leave a spare router? I can send a replacement router for testing to see if the speed increases or I can request an engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

lizevans55
Conversation Starter
Hi, I'd posted on your twitter page so someone on there is now opening up a ticket. Thank you for your help.
Liz
OCE_Debbie

Hi lizevans55

Ok, thanks for letting us know.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

lizevans55
Conversation Starter
Hi, I've waited all day for a response on twitter, switched off snd restarted my router as instructed yesterday but no one had responded to my messages today. So I've come back here!
In answer to your previous message, no the engineer didn't leave a router. But he did report the fault and I was told open reach would be in touch. According to the person on twitter the fault has been closed, and not passed to open reach. So I'm confused and frustrated now.
Liz
OCE_Debbie

Hi lizevans55

Apologies that you have not received a reply, I will feed this back.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

lizevans55
Conversation Starter
Yes OK, do I just plug it into main socket and leave it there? Do I need to monitor at regular intervaks.?
Liz
lizevans55
Conversation Starter
I've just checked my account and it says my broadband should be OK now, but when I do a connection check the speed is still 15mb. I'm paying for superfast fibre, and not getting it. Its 2 weeks since I reported it, but the speed was poor even before that. I was pushed into reporting as we couldn't access many TV apps, but that resolved within a couple of days. But the low speed is not acceptable, and it does affect Internet access at times, and video calls a lot!
Liz
OCE_Debbie

Hi lizevans55

What speed were you getting before this fault?

I think we should arrange a Openreach engineer visit as fault has been ongoing.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie