cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Random Internet Dropouts

themountain
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

I've been working from home for the past 6 weeks, and I've started to notice random internet dropouts and it's starting to happen more frequently.

I've had 3 this week already.

I have contacted TalkTalk support yesterday regarding the issue, they reset my router which doesn't seem to have fixed the issue.

They also mentioned that they'd noticed I'd had 20+ devices connected which might cause this issue as the service I'm paying for doesn't support that many devices.

I question this, I don't see how the number of devices can cause the router itself to disconnect.

Log Entry on the Router:

VDSL connectivity is down port 1

Or is this a hardware limitation?

It's also worth noting that I've turned the routers Wi-Fi off and it's another access point that handles the Wi-Fi devices.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Good morning,

I've re-checked the connection stats now and the connection looks stable for the last 24hrs so far. How have you found the connection since connecting the alternative router?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12
0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Okay, thank you.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hello,

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry to hear that. I'll re-check your connection stats first thing in the morning to see how your connection/stability looks now that the alternative router is connected and I will post an update back here.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

It dropped twice yesterday, after the first drop I rebooted the router several hours later it dropped again.  I've switched out the TalkTalk router with a different one to see if that makes a difference.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Good morning,

How has your connection been since the firmware update?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi

Firmware was not out of date, but our teams are currently preparing a new firmware for deployment, so I've pushed this to your router.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

I'm out at the moment, but when I'm home I'll reboot the router and see what happens.  How out of date was the firmware?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

I haven't ever used the Wifi that is built into the hub, I switched that off on day 1 and use my own solution.  Presently I have 3/4 devices (Pcs, Consoles etc.) connected via ethernet directly to the hub and about 18 or device wireless devices these all consist of firesticks, echoes and smart lights.

When the hub disconnects from the internet all of the devices no longer have internet access.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Hi themountain 

I've pushed a later firmware to your router, can you retest and see if this is any better.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

Hi @themountain how are things when you use the router WiFi? Do you have devices which you can connect by ethernet, how do they get on?

Which router do you have?

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes