cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Re-occurring fault . Losing connection and slow speed

Dodge08
Team Player
Private Message
Message 21 of 21

I am experiencing the same faults I had around 6 months ago.  My connection drops out around 6 or 7 times a day and over the past 2 weeks the speed has been fluctuating and is now down to 27mbps. When checked on your website it states the status as poor. I have carried out all the checks you ask to be done as I did on previous occasions

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Hi Dodge08

I can see that a credit has been applied for the engineer charge on you latest bill. 

Regards

0 Likes

Dodge08
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 21

Hi

Just to let you know my speed is still stable after the engineer repaired the corroded connection down the manhole at the telegraph pole . The problem now is that on my latest bill I have been charged for the engineers visit . I am on the understanding that if the fault is outside the house there is no charge . He did not do any repairs in the house, he only came in the house to check the speed at the router. I hope you can sort this out for me please .

Thanks

Dodge08

0 Likes

Message 3 of 21

Good morning,

Thanks for keeping us updated. If the speeds does start varying again then please let us know.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Dodge08
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 21

Hi

Over the past week my download has been around 33Mbps, There has been no dropping out , the router seems to have made a difference . On Saturday the speed became very erratic ,sometimes dropping to low 20’s, it was up and down all day . Sunday it was steady again. Today so far it’s steady at around 31Mbps. I’m quite happy as long as it stays at a steady speed although it’s still slower than it was 7 months ago which was between 35-40 Mbps..

Thanks again for all your help, it’s much appreciated 

Dodge08

0 Likes

Message 5 of 21

Hello,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

Good afternoon,

I'm glad to hear this and we'll check back in with you towards the end of the week to see how you're getting on 🙂

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Dodge08
Team Player
Private Message
Message 7 of 21

Hi Debbie

Got the router up and running on Saturday , since then it hasn’t lost connection at all. The speed at first was a bit erratic but it seems to have settled down now at around 32 Mbps. A most noticeable thing was the improvement of the wifi reception around the house. I’ll keep monitoring it over the week as I’m not confident enough yet to say it’s a complete fix , but it’s looking good . Thanks again for all your help 

Dodge08

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

Hi Dodge08

How's the connection been over the weekend?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 21

Afternoon,

Ok thank you for the update and we'll check back in with you on Monday morning to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle

Dodge08
Team Player
Private Message
Message 10 of 21

Hi,

My son is coming tomorrow to connect and set up the router for me. Unfortunately since the engineer visited and the speed improved its progressively got worse again , connection dropping out frequently and speed getting lower. I’ll see how it performs over the weekend with the  replacement router and let you know

Thanks 

Dodge08

Message 11 of 21

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 12 of 21

Hi Dodge08

Have you received the replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 21

Hi Dodge08

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

I have ordered the replacement router for you, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Debbie

0 Likes

Dodge08
Team Player
Private Message
Message 14 of 21

Hi Debbie

The engineer came this morning as arranged. He has fixed the fault which was a corroded connection underground. Speed improved immediately, he checked the speed into and out of the router . He said there’s a slight leakage of signal in the router and suggested I ask for a new up to date router which would improve the signal even more . If a replacement is possible I would be grateful. Thanks for all your help. 

Dodge

Message 15 of 21
0 Likes

Dodge08
Team Player
Private Message
Message 16 of 21

Hi Debbie

Thanks for that , I will let you know 

Dodge

Message 17 of 21

Hi Dodge08

Thanks for confirming your details.

I have arranged the engineer visit for 10/11 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 18 of 21

Hi Dodge08

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Dodge08
Team Player
Private Message
Message 19 of 21

Hi Debbie

yes I’ve been through all the tests as on previous occasions . The line connection speed to the router is unstable it has been fluctuating for a couple of weeks , this morning it’s been between 29 - 33 Mbps and the current speed test on your website is reading 27 Mbps download and 4 Mbps upload and states Status Poor. I think an engineers visit is needed if you could arrange it please . 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 20 of 21

Hi Dodge08

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test is clear - No faults detected, but I can see re connections on the line.

Just to confirm, have you tested with a different router at the test socket? The next step following this will be an engineer visit to the property.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes