FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router DNS problem

alfa1
Team Player
Message 24 of 24

Router DNS problems
Over the last week my router keeps loosing DNS connection so my devices are unable to connect to the internet.

The router connects to broadband shows a solid white light but my devices show no internet connection almost certainly because of the lack of DNS 

tracert finds 79.79.79.79, the router shows a DNS connection to 89.241.32.46 but 89.241.32.46 times out

The router shows version SG4K10002816t 

Powering off the router for a period resolves the problem but then at some stage DNS is lost again.

This post indicates there is a known problem with this router and version SG4K10002816t.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Regular-loss-of-internet-connectivity-DNS-proble...

I suspect the problem has resulted from a version update on my router but I have not been able to find the router logs to see when the router was updated. As a result of this  problem my internet connection is now unreliable. I have tried Automatic DNS setting using Talktalk 79.79.79.79 and Manual settings using Google 8.8.8.8 and both settings exhibit the problem.

I think I will need a replacement Router to solve this problem. 

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 21 of 24
Thank you, hopefully different router will solve the problem.
I lost DNS again this morning on the version SG4K10002816t router and had to reset DNS settings to auto to get internet access back.
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 22 of 24

Hi alfa1

Apologies for this.

I have ordered a Huawei WIFI hub for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 23 of 24

Hi @alfa1,

You are correct that this issue is affecting a number of people with the Sagemcom Wi-Fi hub, the staff here will be back tomorrow, so they will hopefully be able to respond within a few days to help further.