FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router WiFi channel issue Sagem Fast 5364

HonestJim
Team Player
Message 6 of 6

Can you please turn off the WiFi channel retuning function where user channel selection is overridden by the computer knows best function. As well as offering a selection of channel number 1-13 there is also an ‘Auto’ option if this sort of behaviour was wanted. So why on Earth did someone decided to implement this way is beyond me. It has the tendency to annoy the neighbours. 

Thanks in advance

Regards

Jim
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Karl,

Thanks for you help in this matter.

Regards

Jim
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

Optimisation should now be turned off.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

HonestJim
Team Player
Message 4 of 6

Hi Karl,

I use a TP-Link Wireless N Nano Router Model No TL-WR702N in client mode to connect my YouView box and also my main PC to the Sagems WIFI. If the Sagem switches channel the link with the TP-Link  fails and the TP-Link doesn’t try to remake the connection. I either have to power cycle the TP-Link or log onto it and reboot it to resolve the issue.

regards

Jim
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi

Does the wifi channel optimisation have any effect on your equipment or connection ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes