FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router constantly dropping Wi-Fi

Quixoticish
Team Player
Message 10 of 10

I seem to go through a terrible cycle with TalkTalk Routers. I'm in York on the UFO option and I get about 6 months out of them and then the wi-fi randomly starts dropping. This happened again very recently after I had a powercut, it seems it may have damaged the router, but either way it's getting annoying to have the wi-fi suddenly drop and the only thing that brings it back is a full router reset. Has anyone experienced similar? I've restored all of the routers I've had this issue with back to factory settings and it doesn't solve the issue.

Wired connections come back online okay, but the wi-fi ones vanish and never come back without a full router restart.

Can anyone recommend a better router than the TalkTalk offering that I can just plug straight into the fibre and that will work easily out of the box? Or do TalkTalk have an upgraded router at all?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Thanks Karl. I was just about to login say "ahhhhh, it's happened again!" But I assume that was the firmware push. I'll monitor for a week and report back, thanks again for the awesome customer support.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi

The kernal panic issue is only affecting a small number of Huawei routers and is resolved with a quick change to the firmware.

I'll push this to your router now, see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi Karl. Unfortunately I'm still getting the router disconnecting and wi-fi kicking everyone off. It comes up a bit quicker than the old router but it's still a huge issue. 

Fortunately the logs are better on this router so I can see this line appearing, it's as though the clock resets to zero and everything drops until it sorts itself out:

1981-01-01 00:00:10 [Error][Alarm-Log] AlarmID:104001,AlarmLevel:Error,Device reset. Cause: System reset due to kernel panic, Terminal:OTHER

It's happening fairly frequently and I'm becoming convinced it's an issue at TalkTalk's end rather than something with routers. Is there anything you can do?

I've searched across previous threads and you've made adjustments to other users routers firmware to help alleviate this issue?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Quixoticish
Team Player
Message 6 of 10

Thank you, you're and absolute superstar.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi,

I've got your details here, the hub is on the way.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Quixoticish
Team Player
Message 8 of 10

Thank you Karl! Do you need anything from me to arrange this?

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi

I'll send you the other model Hub we have and see if that performs better.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes