cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Router light

Tommyboy97
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Hi, I went live on Thursday, and to save energy I turn my router off before I go to work and on when I go home, it was working fine when I turned it on last night at 17:50, but when I tried to connect my phone it turned off completely but yet it’s still plugged in and switched on, tried resetting it and also turning it on and off but they said it was the power adapter do I need a new router? 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Tommy,

Line test is showing possible fault in home environment. Is you router currently connected to your - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

OK, which make/model of router is it? I'll move this to a more appropriate section of the forum for you and hopefully you will get a response from the support team here tomorrow. 

Message 3 of 7

I have fibre 35 is the connection I have, it was working fine until last night it was blinking orange, came on and then when I tried to connect my phone just went to a black dot and been that way ever since even tried to reset it and I just leave that connected to my router when I switch it off at the plug. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

The ONT is the box on the wall where the Full Fibre connection enters your home. Or do you not have Full Fibre?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

What’s the ONT? I switch it off at the plug socket and turning the plug back on at night I’m leaving everything else in I e the wires

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

You're probably saving a couple of pence a day by turning off your router, they are designed to be left on. I take it you are not switching the ONT off as well? 

0 Likes