cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Router

MaryJohnson76
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

Hi all

My router keeps getting stupidly hot to touch and I have to turn it off and back on again once it's cooled down. I've not been able to connect my laptop to it for quite a few days and guess it maybe need to replaced - I work from home 5 days a week so not something I can keep doing if I have to keep turning the router off. 

I've never had to do this before with TalkTalk so looking for guidance I guess, does anyone know how easy it is to get a new router sent out and how quick it would be as my kind neighbour has let me use his wifi but the signal isn't great and not sure how long my boss will tolerate this! 

thanks in advance

Mary

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi MaryJohnson76

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Well it's been going now for about an hour or so and it's not got hot yet whereas the other one would be by now, so I think the issue is solved, thank you so much for your help on this!

Message 3 of 11

Hi MaryJohnson76

Thanks for your reply 🙂 

It is very cold!

Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

Message 4 of 11

Morning! It got delivered to my neighbour yesterday and just setting it up now as only got home about an hour ago.

Had to defrost first to be able to do anything 🙂

Message 5 of 11
0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi Bristolmary

Ahh you're very welcome 🙂

Have a great week too and please let us know once you have received and tested with the new router.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

Message 7 of 11

Debbie you are an utter star and this is fantastic customer service! Thank you so much! 

My neighbour's wifi is one of those so called super speed companies however, it's rubbish when I'm trying to work in my office at home, so having to work sat on the sofa and failing badly - uncomfortable, distracted by TV and the cows in the field, can't wait to hide away again upstairs with no distractions bar the urge for more coffee than is healthy 🙂

thank you, have a great week! 

Message 8 of 11

Hi Bristolmary

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've ordered a replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 9 of 11

Thanks Keith, I have turned it off. I've updated all my details like you've suggested as well. 

thanks for your help and quick reply! 

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

Turn it off now, just in case. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?