FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SG4K100130 Has bricked my router.

Mark1976
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 9

As title suggests and it wont boot. Basically after the update I had completed about a week or so later I had a power outage, when it came back no more internet. Have tried resetting it but orange light just keeps flashing and no access to router.

Have switched to a TP-Link I had laying around. Not happy!

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi

Thanks for letting us know.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi Debbie 

Replacement router arrived today and I have bagged up the bricked one which I will take to the post office tomorrow.

I am just letting you know that I will keep the replacement as a backup router though now instead, as I seem to get better throughput from my TP-Link

Regards

Mark

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Mark1976
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 9

Thanks Debbie, will do.

Regards

Mark

Message 5 of 9

Hi Mark

The router is on its way and a returns bag for your current router.

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Mark1976
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 9

Hi Michelle

That sounds good to me if that is at all possible.

Regards

Mark

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Would you like us to send a replacement router? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

martswain
Philosopher
Message 8 of 9

If it worked for week then the issue is most probably related to the power outage and absolutely nothing to do with the firmware update.

Is your phone still working ?

0 Likes