FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sagecom router getting stuck

alecu
Conversation Starter
Message 38 of 38

Over the past couple of weeks there's been a recurring issue whereby the internet connection drops and I cannot log into the router via the web gui to check what's going on. 

While in this state the LED on the front stays solid white, I can ping the router and access the web gui login page however the login always fails with a "Failed to communicate with the gateway" error message or something along those lines.

The only "solution" is to go and physically powercycle the thing.

Device info:

Serial Number    N7182914N004568
Hardware Version FAST5364 3.00
Software Version SG4K100130
GUI Version      5.6.1
System Up Time   00h24m35s
MAC Address      D8:A7:56:4C:10:77

Please advise.

0 Likes
37 REPLIES 37

Message 1 of 38

Hi

we are not seeing other reports of this and have been unable to replicate the issue.

We will get a Huawei hub out and see if this performs better.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

alecu
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 38

Hi, is there any feedback regarding a fix for this? The issue has reoccurred periodically this week. Thanks.

0 Likes

alecu
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 38

Thanks, appreciate it.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 38

Hi

i'll feed this back to the devices team for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

alecu
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 38

When can we expect a fix please

0 Likes

alecu
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 38

Have you tried searching for the keyword 'gateway' (as in the login error message) through the forums. I'm seeing at least half a dozen identical reports, and that's just the first results page.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 38

Hi

If all routers had this issue, we would have a lot of unhappy customers contacting us.  If 2 routers have been tested and the connection is still dropping then an engineer would be required.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

alecu
Conversation Starter
Message 9 of 38

I'm sorry but that is not the issue being discussed here. The issue is that your routers don't seem to recover when the connection drops, for whatever reason that may be. When can I expect a fix for this?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 38

Hello,

If the connection is unstable with 2 different routers, cables and microfilters directly at the test socket with all other equipment removed from the line then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property. Would you like to go ahead with this and we can confirm some details with you?

Thanks

0 Likes

alecu
Conversation Starter
Message 11 of 38

FYI the issue has just occurred again, when can I expect a potential solution/escalation? Thanks.

0 Likes

alecu
Conversation Starter
Message 12 of 38

I think the description at the beginning of the thread is pretty self explanatory but to repeat myself, the connection drops _and_ the gui login stops working. Both occur at the same time.

I've tried two firmware versions, and two different routers already - see the thread history. Can you please explain how a different FW version will address any of the issues described? Has the gui login issue been resolved? How can I get this escalated so that someone actually investigates it instead of (apologies but I've got to be frank) randomly suggesting things to try and wasting my time?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 38

Hi alecu

Just to confirm, the connection isn't dropping but the router is just locking up?

I can try a different firmware version, would you like me to arrange this?

0 Likes

alecu
Conversation Starter
Message 14 of 38

Yes. Please provide further steps to address this.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 38

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. When you connected the replacement router did you also replace the cables and microfilter?

Thanks

0 Likes

alecu
Conversation Starter
Message 16 of 38

Unfortunately the new router has the same issue, it's required manual powercycle twice in the last 24 hours. Please advise re next steps to address this.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 38

Hi

This is not something that will happen.  As you have a replacement router on the way then the next step is to test with this.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

alecu
Conversation Starter
Message 18 of 38

Can this then be escalated to someone who does have the appropriate level of access please.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 38

Hi

We do not have that level of access and are limited to the applications we have available.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

alecu
Conversation Starter
Message 20 of 38

I'm finding that statement hard to believe. We both know SSH is available on the boxes.

0 Likes