FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Up TalkTalk FTTC with TP-LINK VR400

philonik
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

I have joined TalkTalk Fibre 65 which connects using FTTC. I have bought a TP-Link VR400 Modem/Router to use instead of the provided TT one.

I cannot get the modem/router to give me an internet signal.

The master socket in the house is a OpenReach 5C Master Socker with a Ethernet Port on the left and a phone port on the right.

Please advise how I should connect the 2 up and wich wires to use. I have tried ethernet into one o the LAN ports in the back of the router and also a DSL cable into the DSL port with a filter on the master socket to convert from to DSL.

Nothing seems to work...

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi philonik

Can you add the home phone number rather than the mobile to your 'Community Profile' so we can locate your details and we can check on delivery of the TT router.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 2 of 10

The phone socket is just for that, the DSL signal is the other one, use that with the grey cable to the DSL input on the outer.

It is an RJ11 cable that is used, the first one, top left

https://accessories.talktalk.co.uk/?category=Accessories

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

There are no rj11 ports on the master socket. Just an rj45 and a bt phone port (rectangle one)

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Thanks for updating your profile but could you also please add your TalkTalk landline telephone number so that we can locate you on our systems

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

For Fibre 65 you just use an RJ11 cable from the master socket to the router.

The socket should be grey or white, DO NOT connect to the yellow LAN sockets.

As you have not received your TT router, have you actually been advised your service with TT has gone live ?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Done 

0 Likes

philonik
First Timer
Message 7 of 10

I am not trying to connect 2 as I have not received my TT one yet.

I have read through this and these settings not match up with the TP link settings in their setup guide.

i was more curious as to how I should connect my master socket to my TP link router/modem 

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 8 of 10

@philonik you cannot connect 2 modem/routers to an incoming line.

Just follow the pictorial with the TT supplied router !

Connect the grey RJ11 to the appropriate socket on the master wall socket and that straight into the DSL socket on the back of the router, NO filters are required, that is done by the master socket faceplate.

Does the TT supplied device work on its own when connected to the incoming line ?

If you wish to use the VR400 as your main connection, then a setup guide for non TT devices is here

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Set-up-a-non-TalkTalk-router/ta-p/2205383

If you wish to connect the second device. it will need to be set up as an access point.

Please let us know exactly what you are trying to achieve.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi philonik,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes