FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocking speeds

RussellD
Participant
Message 33 of 33

I’ve been with talk talk for 8 days and this is the second time I’ve had to get help not really a good start to my talk talk contract and already starting to have regrets.

I tried the live chat but it’s always busy. 

I am getting shocking connection speeds at the moment of 1.9mbs when I should be getting 30mbs plus. I’ve done all the usually troubleshooting etc but it has made no difference 

please help 

0 Likes
32 REPLIES 32

Message 21 of 33

Hello,

I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault and the sync speed looks consistent at the moment. Can I just confirm, a few things, have you noticed if the speed only drops of an evening? Does the speed drop on both wired and wireless devices? If you reboot the router does the speed improve at all?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 22 of 33
No I don’t think a new router will help looking at other posts on here. Is there a fault somewhere your end?
0 Likes

Message 23 of 33

Hi RussellD

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 24 of 33
I have also noticed other threads on this exact issue so maybe it’s not that router and is an issue with talk talk everything was fine with my last provider it’s only since I changed to you that I’m having issues. I’m at the point now of ending my contract as I’m still in my 14 day period
0 Likes

Message 25 of 33
I also believe that my router maybe faulty as it has just happened again and the speeds have dropped down to 1.3mbs
0 Likes

Message 26 of 33
Hi the speeds seem to have come back up this morning and I’ve not changed anything.

Was there an issue in my area last night at all?
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 27 of 33

Hi,

How are you getting on? Do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 28 of 33
If that doesn't help then the staff here should hopefully respond tomorrow to offer more assistance

Message 29 of 33
I’ll give that a try thanks

Message 30 of 33

So if your sync speed is 39mbps, but your wired and wireless speed test results are around 2mbps the first thing to try would be to switch off your router for over 30 minutes, then when you switch it back on it will create a new session in the street cabinet, this can often help get the wired throughput speed back up to something closer to the sync speed.

0 Likes

Message 31 of 33

Thanks for your reply I have updated my profile.

my est speed is between 30-37mbs saying it’s synced at 39mbs

wired and wireless connection are pretty much the same speed using different devices as well wired and wireless 

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 32 of 33

Hi @RussellD,

If you go to the Service Centre what does it show for your estimated speed range. If you log into your router to check your sync speed does this show speeds within that estimated range. If you run a speed test (ideally from both a wired and wireless device so that you can compare), how close are the speed test results to the sync speed shown on your router.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes