cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Slow Speeds Fibre 900

JSH2644
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 22 of 22

Hi,

Last night around 12pm, my internet started dropping out every 5-10 minutes. This morning, the internet has stopped dropping out but I’m only getting 90-100mbps instead of 900+. This is the fourth time this has happened in as many months since getting Fibre 900 installed. The other times the problem has randomly fixed itself but takes between 3 days and 2 weeks to do that. To be honest I’m just tired of going around in circles with support and wasting so much time trying solutions which don’t work. This is my last resort before leaving TalkTalk.

Thank you,

Jamie

21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

Hi Jamie

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 22

Hi,

Sorry, I totally forgot to get back to you yesterday. A City Fibre engineer visited yesterday and installed a new ONT. So far it’s seems to have fixed the problem and hopefully it stays fixed this time.

Thank you for the great help

Jamie

Message 3 of 22

Hi JSH2644

Did my colleague contact you to arrange the engineer visit?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 22

Hi JSH2644

Thanks for the Private Message.

I have passed your number to my colleague who will contact you today and arrange the engineer visit.

Message 5 of 22

Hi JSH2644

Please can you send me a Private Message with your mobile number, our Faults Team will need to contact you to arrange an engineer visit.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 22

They may have called but my phone can’t receive calls at the moment so I couldn’t have answered.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 22

Hi JSH2644

Did you receive a phone call yesterday? (from our Faults Team)

0 Likes

Message 8 of 22

I contacted support on Twitter/X yesterday but they are taking a long time to reply. I started testing myself as I knew what they would advise after the last few times. I’ve tried a different ethernet cable and reset the router and ONT for 30 minutes. Last time I was also sent a replacement router but that wasn’t the problem. I’m still getting 94mbps upload and download directly from the ONT.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 22

Hi JSH2644

My colleague from our Faults Team has advised that they have contacted you to do some further testing and that you are testing with a different ethernet cable.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 22

Hi JSH2644

Apologies for the delay.

I've requested an update on this fault and I will post back here as soon as I have further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 22

Hi JSH2644

Thanks for confirming this.

I have escalated this fault to be investigated further and I will post back as soon as I have additional updates.

Thanks again.

Message 12 of 22

Yeah I’m getting 94mbps upload and download directly to the ONT.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

OK thanks. Could you try connecting a device directly to the ONT with an Ethernet cable, bypassing the eero, and check to see if speed is still low

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 22

About 3-4 hours ago

0 Likes

Message 15 of 22

Could I just ask when you last tried it?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 22

I have already tried this but it didn’t help 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 22

OK, thanks for that. Could you switch the ONT and router off for 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 22

I have added my address 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 22

OK thanks. Could you add your address to the private notes section of your community profile.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 22

City Fibre

0 Likes