FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed boost not availability

Andrewturtle70
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 6

I am now out of contract. I have been in talk talk chat 3 times now. Each time the chat was ended. The technical chat asked me to stay in line while checks were made. Over one hour and the agent just disappeared. This was a frustrating waste of time. My question is still not answered. I currently have a speed boost. The best talk talk deal for me in the Fibre 67. However the speed boost is un available making the garunteed download speeds slower the  I have already. Why can the speed boost not be applied.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6
Thank you for your response I will do that. Really appreciate your time

Message 2 of 6

It ought to be around the same, @Andrewturtle70, but I have noticed that the guaranteed minimum for myself is lower than it used to be.

I don't know why. In a few years, though, copper will no longer be available......

All you can do is ask Chat when you try and renew, or wait for the phone lines to open on Monday. 

They have to tell you what to expect from your service when you take out a new contract, so make a note of what is promised, and if you don't like it, say NO before the end of the conversation. 

LOYALTY opens Monday from 9am.

03451 720046 or 03451 720088

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 3 of 6

Fibre 65 is just the new name for Faster Fabre with the speed boost applied so there shouldn't be any physical difference to your service.

Message 4 of 6
Thank you for your reply. I am getting 56 mbs with the existing deal will this slow on the fiber 65 or will it be the same.
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

The Faster Fibre plus speedboost no longer exists, @Andrewturtle70.

Its equivalent is Fibre65. 

Faster packages are available, but it's likely that your line could not cope with them.

Minimum guaranteed speeds are generally lower than they used to be  - the service is limited by the copper wire to your house from the cabinet. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes