FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speeds slower since move

maiders
Team Player
Message 22 of 22

OK, so moved house about 3 weeks ago. Moved with the same new ish housing estate. Old address getting 55 - 60 Mbps, new house (about 250 yards away) closer to the exchange and cabinet, now getting speeds around 35Mbps. According the talktalk it's the amount of devices, when I'm actually using less devices than my old address. Had this previously at my old address of getting around 35Mbps until there was a fault on my line, BT fixed it and miraculously my speeds shot up to 55-60Mbps. It's like talktalk need to switch something over. I'm on fibre 65. As usual, customer service are less that useless. Can someone give me some guidance please. Thanks. 

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22
So how come I was told by the last operative I spoke to that they would send him an email to contact him? As usual, a different story from everyone you speak to at talktalk. There is nothing wrong with my voice line....and there never was! I don't understand why it's so difficult for talktalk to actually be useful and help their customers, rather than make it so difficult at every point. I will ring in the vain hope I can actually find someone useful. Thanks for being no help.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 22

Hi,

I'm sorry that you weren't contacted as agreed. Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to arrange a callback from Jonathan specifically. Did you have a chance to speak directly to our Loyalty Team? I can help with any voice issues here we just need to confirm if you currently have a dial tone?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 22
I'm still having the same speed issue though....! 😡

How can I get my call back from Jonathan?

You've ignored everything I've said.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 22

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run both a broadband and a voice line test now which are both clear. Can I just confirm, do you currently have a dial tone and can make and receive calls?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 22

So, spoke to Jonathan on tech support. He did some digging, found there was a disconnect fault at the exchange. Booked an engineer visit. Engineer said it was raised as a telephone fault, so didn't even go to the exchange. Told me it needed to be raised as an internet fault, not a telephone fault. Jonathan promised me a call back to make sure the engineer visit went ok....so waited...no phone call. Phoned up and was told the fault was fixed.....even though the engineer went nowhere near the exchange. Asked for a message to be sent to Jonathan to call me back as he was the one who found the fault. This was Monday. No call. As usual, talktalk are literally useless. Can someone please sort this out. And to top it all off, I'm paying fibre 65 price for 35mbps....will never, ever renew my contract with talktalk. Worst mistake I ever made. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 22

Hi maiders

Apologies for this.

If you contact our Loyalty Team by phone then they can arrange changing the package. They can also discuss cancelling your service.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 22

Ok, so a couple of points. Why am I paying for fibre 65? Why are other providers offering a much higher expected speed? Why are the expected speeds on the bt wholesale site much higher? Why was I lied to on a call when I was within the stabilisation period saying my connection would be much higher? How can I go about cancelling, because I believe that talktalk have deceived me. Don't believe that moving a few hundred yards...closer to the cabinet, causes such a massive drop in speed. As usual with talktalk, any time there is a problem, it's nothing but a nightmare.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 22

Hi maiders

Thanks for confirming your details.

I've checked and the predicted speed range for your line is showing between 37.4 and 33.7mb, with a guaranteed minimum speed of 30.3mb.

Your line is currently in sync at 36.9mb.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 22

Hi maiders

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can check the predicted speed range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 22
Just to confirm, when I raised my concerns on the speed of my line during the stabilisation period, I was told that my speed would go up to roughly what I was seeing.
0 Likes

Message 11 of 22

Hi.  No estimate when I moved as far as I can remember.  However when I look at other providers, the estimated download speed is between 50 & 70Mbps, depending on the provider.  I'm obviously getting nowhere near this.  And this tallies up with the broadband availability checker.  So, by all means please check. 🙂

0 Likes

Message 12 of 22

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, were you provided with a predicted speed range for this line? If not then we can check this for you, we would just need to confirm some details first?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

No change on the speed using the test socket I'm afraid.

Dan

0 Likes

Message 14 of 22

Hi. Just changed it over. Thanks. I'll come back Friday. 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 22

Hello,

Thanks for confirming. Would it be possible to connect the microfilter, router and phone at the test socket for at least 48hrs so we can see if DLM makes any changes to the speed please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 22

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

I assume there is a test socket behind the faceplate. 

Dan

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 17 of 22

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Does the main socket have a test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 18 of 22
37.4 down and 14.3 up. 😞
0 Likes

Message 19 of 22

@maiders 

What actual connection speeds, downstream and upstream, is the router reporting when you log in at 192.168.1.1 ?

0 Likes

Message 20 of 22

Thanks. Old address is showing 70.3 and new address is showing 65.6. So slightly slower, but still well below the speeds I'm achieving. 

0 Likes