cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

System reset due to kernel panic

zedhower
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 18

Hi

My Talk talk router keeps rebooting every few hours and has done for the past year or more.  I've never really investigated it myself. When I look in the router logs when it reboots it comes up with the error:

Error][Alarm-Log] AlarmID:104001,AlarmLevel:Error,Device reset. Cause: System reset due to kernel panic, Terminal:

Could someone advise or update my firmware or whatever might resolve the issue.. Currently on firmware v1.05t

Leslie Goodman
0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Hi Leslie

I'm so happy to hear this 🙂

Thanks for letting me know.

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

Hi Leslie

Glad to hear that our Community has been able to help.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Hi Debbie,

Received the new router today and thoroughly pleased with the speedtest results, back up to 70+mbs!.

zedhower_0-1706996985787.png

Thanks very much for all you help with this, much appreciated! I'll return the old router as soon as possible.  

Cheers Debbie - 10/10 for customer experience, I'm glad I've renewed my  contract with TalkTalk for another 2 years!

Kind Regards

Leslie

Leslie Goodman

Message 4 of 18

Morning,

Great thank you 🙂 We'll also check back in with you next week to see how you are getting on.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Hi Debbie,

Brilliant, thanks very much,  I'll let you know.

Kind Regards

Leslie

Leslie Goodman
0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

Hi Leslie

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection/speed compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Hi Debbie,

Yes please, could you send me a new router to see if it improves things, I'd appreciate that.

Kind Regards

Leslie Goodman

Leslie Goodman
0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Hi Leslie

Thanks for your reply.

The throughput speed (speed tests) are always slightly less than the actual sync speed,

Would you like me to send a new router to see how the speed compares?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Hi Debbie,

I've tested now with an ethernet cable and still only getting around 50mbs

zedhower_0-1706639010724.png

I understand the minimum guaranteed speed for the line is 54mb, yet I what I don't understand is that I was getting at least 70mbs 2 weeks ago and had done for the past 2 years until I renewed my contract on the 23rd January?? (obviously the below is an average which is why it doesn't show it dropped suddenly on 23rd)

zedhower_1-1706639344261.png

Kind Regards

Leslie Goodman

Leslie Goodman
0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

Morning zedhower

Thanks for updating your Community Profile 🙂

I've checked and the minimum guaranteed speed for your line is 54mb. Your line is currently in sync at 56.4mb, this is just over the predicted range for your line.

Was your speed test a wireless test?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Hi Debbie,

Sure, I've added my account number to my profile in my bio.  I'm still only getting 50mbs today:

zedhower_0-1706552478851.png

If you look in my talktalk download speed history I was getting over 70mbs a couple of weeks ago.

zedhower_1-1706552564335.png

Do I need to pay extra money to increase my speed?

Kind regards

Leslie Goodman

Leslie Goodman
0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

Hi zedhower

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

Could you also add your TalkTalk account number to the Private Notes section of your Community Profile, I can then take a look at the speed for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Talktalk doesn't throttle speeds, @zedhower.

Staff will be back after the weekend to respond. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

HI Debbie,

Great! That appears to have resolved the problem!

I have another issue though. Since I renewed by TalkTalk contract last tuesday 23rd January 2024, my broad speed has dropped from at least 67mbs that I was getting for the past 2 years(I usually had higher than 67 maybe in the 70s) to only 52mbs now.  That seems no coincidence.  Is my broadband being throttled in any way after my contract was renewed?  I need that fastest connection possible for my job and we don't yet have openreach full fibre or Virgin Fibre as an alternative? Can you advise me what has happened?

Kind Regards

Leslie

Leslie Goodman
0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

Hi Leslie

Thank you 🙂

I have made a change to your router firmware, please can you monitor the connection over the weekend and let us know how the connection compares.

Debbie

0 Likes

zedhower
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 18

Hi Debbie,

Thanks, I've added the name and the talktalk phone number on my personal information page on my profile

Kind Regards

Leslie

Leslie Goodman

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 18

Hi zedhower

Apologies for this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then check your router firmware.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes