Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talktalks interpretation of language and law

ANSWERED
MrBloff
Conversation Starter

I have had the same problem while using talktalks forums and i get the feeling some of the people who say they are volunteers actuality work for talktalk.

One troll tried telling me i need to grovel to a ceo here lol

@ddownes100  good luck with your problem and dont let them grind you down.

ddownes100
Participant

Thanks @MrBloff 

I've been getting that feeling, thought maybe some kind of rewards system, but can't find any reference to it..haven't done much checking though lol.

But, that some are just straight up misrepresented employees/contractors/whatever makes sense, this chain looks like an attempt at generating white noise, an interference to distract from the issue and it's obvious response, the fact that there is no answer that the man on the Clapham omnibus would find reasonable. And I've found a couple more threads that look similar..I wonder how one would check that..I might brain on that if talktalk keep ignoring the question lol.

And, oh no, ain't no chance of them grinding me down, I'm estimating I've caused an IRL cost to talktalk of about 7/8 times what they are claiming I owe, through discouraging friends and family members from signing with them, I'm aiming to have it far higher, and for the lost business through my online activities to be far far higher, I can't in good conscience do anything but my all, in discouraging people from entering in to a contract with talktalk (via stating verifiable fact).

Any issue you're wanting help with? Researching this nonsense is getting me fairly knowledgeable regarding talktalk Ts and Cs, and contract law lol.

Thanks again dude. D

FritzCT
Wise Owl

"okay, you want to cancel? Fine, cancelled, pay us a fee, return our stuff."

That will be the agreement part and IMO the bottom line is that you failed to achieve an agreement on the terms of cancellation.

It seems you also failed to follow up your cancellation request when the equipment return package didn't arrive. Didn't that give you a clue that something wasn't right?

As I've said repeatedly IMO your statements show your intent (as in aim, purpose, goal) to cancel. They are the start of the process not the end of it.

Given your story I think everything else is entriely moot (debatable/ doubtfulI just so we're clear). This whole thread is basicaly about at which point a cancellation becomes valid. You are maintaining it's at the point you advise them and I, for one, think it's once cancellation fees have been agreed and paid and equipment returned. The effective date may well be when you gave them notification but it will be subject to the above.

Good luck with your battle because I think you'll need it. We obviously don't know the whole story but it seems TT did take reasonable steps to follow up your request but for reasons we don't know it never became valid.

Isn't the cooling off period 14 days for the CCR's?

Fritz  

ddownes100
Participant

@FritzCT 

There need be no terms when you're inside the cancellation period, which I was. And it's the traders responsibility to state terms of cancellation should they be necessary.

But again, talktalk are saying those statements are not clear statements of cancellation, what I keep asking for is an alternate meaning to them.

I didn't make a cancellation request, I informed them I had cancelled..in line with the law. One need not beg, "oh please may I cancel?" Do you work for talktalk?

(And no, given that my partner was heavily pregnant I had some.other priorities and concerns, and talktalk representatives had shown themselves to be..let's say challenged in the competence department, I didn't even think about it after I had done what is required under the law).

But again, talktalk are saying those statements are not clear statements of cancellation, what I keep asking for is an alternate meaning to them.

I refer you again to CC (ICAC) 2013 part 3 regulation 32 (3)(b).

You have said they are statements of intent..rather than instruction..pretty sure I sincerely thanked you for that, don't know why you feel the need to keep coming back and offering more poorly informed opinions on queries I never raised..do you and gondola know each other?

Your next point, it would appear that can be a tricky one under the law..if one is outside a cancellation period..I wasn't.

And as stated above, the burden is on the trader to inform of any terms that must be agreed as part of a cancellation process.

Really? What is it that informs your suspicion I will need luck? Another feeling? The lawyers I've hired and those at the MPs office seem fairly confident this will be a walk in the park.

And how could you possibly think talktalk took reasonable steps to follow up on the request? Another feeling? lol

But again, talktalk are saying those statements are not clear statements of cancellation, what I keep asking for is an alternate meaning to them. (And how could they possibly have taken reasonable steps to follow through if they are now claiming they were not a cancellation request?)

And no, it isn't...but why would you ask..someone given you some dates? Did I put any in?...

On second thoughts, ignore all my questions, you've given your opinion, you think I stated that I intended to cancel..at some point..lol, rather than instructing them to cancel with immediate effect..nonsense of course, but thanks for playing.

If you've nothing further to add that actually addresses the question of what else those statements could mean..the question of why talktalk are stating that they are not a clear statement of cancellation, please stop replying.

ferguson
Community Star

OK, here's my interpretation.

"void the contract and delete my details." It really depends on context and how the message was delivered. But sure, it could be regarded as a request to cancel.

"I am no longer a customer of talktalk." That surely is/was just your opinion at the time the comment was made, unless TalkTalk had confirmed that to be the case? So meaningless, really.

ddownes100
Participant

@ferguson 

The context is in an earlier reply..but basically it comes after telling them I found them to be in breach, that their customer service in live chat was appalling, that they needed to convince me not to cancel, and after numerous requests to handle my complaint via email were simply ignored (and each template heavy response told me to await a call, whilst failing to address my request for solely email communication at all lol).

But you say 'could' be regarded (and I'll ignore the whole 'request' thing because I'm getting tired of reminding people that we have pretty good consumer rights protections in this country lol). What else might it mean? Please, genuinely, what else might it mean?

No, not just my opinion lol, it followed the void statement, with intervening bits of sentence structure not included here for lack of relevance. It was me, I thought, being quite clear, concluding our relationship, unilaterally, as I was able to under the law, with clarity and vehemence.

So...not meaningless..really lol.

That's why I've posted this, I don't understand what else I could have meant by it...talktalk say it's not sufficiently clear that I was informing them of cancellation by using those statements...I cannot work out what else I could have meant.. 

MrBloff
Conversation Starter
Im ok for help cheers @ddowns100

I got harassed for well over a month for a late fee when i was promised i would not get the late payment fee payment even tho the payment was not late!
Im now in the process of getting my deadlock letter and will be moving to a different ISP as i know talktalk will only causes me way to much stress as soon as i have a reason to contact them.

I can honestly say that the talktalk customer care is really the worse i have ever had to deal with and im in my 50s so have dealt with a few in my time.

GL
ferguson
Community Star

Well, I have just told you what I thought it could have meant as have others. But you have asked a clearly closed question and any opinions which diverge from your own have been dismissed. Whilst casting some aspersions against other posters and their motives. Good luck with your legal case.

ddownes100
Participant

No worries @MrBloff  hope the next ISP is competent. 

@ferguson 

Did you?

You said it "could" be interpreted as a cancellation request, I responded asking what else it "could" mean.. should your initial comment have been something like, "it's clearly a statement of cancellation, it couldn't be anything else," if not, what else "could" it mean?

It can't be a closed question, talktalk are saying those statements are not a statement of cancellation, not, "they could be," but, "they are not," I am asking what else they could possibly mean, I really thought I was about to get an answer when you sent that second reply..

What opinions have I dismissed? Oh, that one about intent? I only did that because it was repeatedly uttered and diverges from the law..like everything else I..well, you'd probably say dismissed, I'd say responded to fully, often with reference to specific regulations.

Can't really help the suspicion that there are some "volunteers" on here in talktalks employ..think I'll start researching that now though, if I find no evidence of it by the time the court case is concluded, I'll be back to apologise.

And many thanks, luck isn't really going to be needed, they've not got a leg to stand on, don't keep appropriate records, and have been caught in a couple of lies on the rather lengthy chains I'll be submitting as evidence, but thanks anyway.

ferguson
Community Star

@ddownes100 wrote:

Can't really help the suspicion that there are some "volunteers" on here in talktalks employ..think I'll start researching that now though, if I find no evidence of it by the time the court case is concluded, I'll be back to apologise.

Good luck with that, a particularly obnoxious, but totally unjustified calumny shared by other disgruntled customers. Are you with another provider now? 

ddownes100
Participant

@ferguson 

Thanks for the luck, shouldn't need it though.

And thanks for that, haven't had anyone use the word calumny to me in quite some time, sincerely, ignoring my tone elsewhere, thank you.

Don't know that it's quite appropriate though..I voiced suspicion related to off topic responses, didn't make a statement intended to defame or damage someone's reputation, certainly wasn't anything close to slander..I think that's near a synonym..might be coffee o'clock lol.

Why in the name of the gods would you ask that?

And why do people keep offering up replies that are nothing whatsoever to do with my query.

ferguson
Community Star

I gave you an answer exactly in line with your query. You have suggested posters where stans, questioned whether they were genuine and wondered whether there were any rewards for their activity. Stop being such a naif.   

ddownes100
Participant

@ferguson 

No, you did exactly the opposite, I asked for alternate meanings, that is to say meanings which are not cancellation related, you told me it "could" be a cancellation depending on context, I asked in response what else it "could" mean..you ignored that.

In one of my repeats of the initial question, I asked for talktalk stans to provide alternate meanings too..and?

And of course I am suspicious, not only have I worked in customer service, but people keep taking time to post replies which are at best tangential to my query, other threads I've seen read with the same tone of some of the talktalk social media interactions I've read through...and it wouldn't be difficult for either of us to find evidence of various companies paying for reviews or having paid agents acting as customers..am I really the one being naive?

MrBloff
Conversation Starter
Watch out @ddownes100 he will soon start to tell you he will report you for spam like he did me.
ddownes100
Participant

@MrBloff 

That is entirely his right of course.

I've saved every version of this thread since the first comment, and would add it's removal to the ever growing mountain of evidence I'll be submitting to CISAS, should talktalk take the opportunity to turn a spurious reporting of spam in to an opportunity for removal of an uncomfortable thread.

As a side note, I even got a few of their employees to confirm that, yes, those statements I keep repeating are in fact clear statements of cancellation lol. Can't wait to get to court lol, just wish they'd hurry up with his deadlock letter and stop waiting until six twenty something on a Friday to advise me of another delay lol.

Lol, so it's your fault he's come along is it? 😛

I was wondering, is there any path from community member, through community star, to talktalk employee?

In this thread, and some of the others I've read, I can't fathom the motivation of some of the commenters..assuming there aren't freebies on offer or agents masquerading as customers..and it's not just, "why do you keep bothering to comment?" But also, "why are you so offended by someone questioning talktalks integrity/competence/whatever?"

It boggles the mind lol.

FritzCT
Wise Owl

I'm not too sure how much value as evidence opinions from a community forum that is dominated by people that have no affiliation with TT other than in your mind would be. The only official responses you have had have been concilliatory and concise so I'm kind of confused where you're coming from there.

As an offering perhaps the "could" would be that your statements were made in anger and at the moment it seems possible that they were by your not following them up? But as I've said, we don't know the full story so that's purely speculation on my part.

Frankly, your insinuations that there is some kind of conspiracy in the replies you've received are verging on paranoia. From an outsider looking in that doesn't look very positive. Unless the poster has an OCE prefix that is bright red then they are customers, just like you.

I have to keep repeating myself because you seem unable to accept the point I'm making. That's fine but you asked for opinions and you got them, however, it seems that you weren't after individual opinions only those that agreed with yours?

I don't think anyone is bothered by your questioning TT's integrity. As far as I know and in my case specifically people are, in fact, impartial and simply stating our opinions, which you asked for. If you're not prepared to receive opinions that differ from yours then why ask for them?

You obviously feel that you have been wronged and I genuinely wish you luck with your issue but I'm glad I'm not in your position because I think your case is tenuous at best. 

Fritz 

I8this
Philosopher

Watch out @ddownes100 he will soon start to tell you he will report you for spam like he did me.

Or he will maybe even lock the thread.

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all.
FritzCT
Wise Owl

@I8this Who are you referring to as "he"?

Regardless I can't see the thread being reported as spam but unless more opinions are forth coming I could see it locked as non constructive. As it stands opinions have been stated so it's kind of run its course unless someone else chips in but I would be genuinely be interested in knowing what the outcome to @ddownes100 issue is.

Of course the moment any court action is taken it has to be locked.

Fritz

FritzCT
Wise Owl

@ddownes100 apologies I just re-read this  talktalk are saying those statements are not clear statements of cancellation, Your statements are clear but for whatever reason were not validated.

That's my whole point.

Fritz

ddownes100
Participant

Oh, wow..really wasn't expecting that, apology accepted, many thanks.

In reference to your earlier message, I wasn't intending to imply a conspiracy is afoot, it was intended as a, mostly, light-hearted ribbing given the position of yourself and a couple of other commenters.. but if you'd missed that bit you just quoted..yeah, I can see why it missed lol.

Oh, and I wasn't meaning I'd saved the thread for the communities comments, or that they'd be evidence, it's the oce folk, that the only relevant response they've had clearly implies that talktalk dropped the ball and should have taken my statements as an instruction to cancel, even if they then stated I had to do more to complete it lol. And I was almost hoping they would remove the thread, as that I think would(/could) be (taken as) further evidence of an unacceptably poor customer service and inclination to "lose" records.

But I am starting to think the thread should get locked soon, I contribute to it when I've time to kill, on the loo or waiting for a brew or what have ya, but some Sunday happenings have given me a new priority for those times lol.