FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to leave TalkTalk, but new provider says they are blocking the line transfer

farmroad38
Participant
Message 7 of 7

We are trying to leave TalkTalk as we're out of contract, not happy with the service and there are better deals out there.

The new provider we have chosen has told us they can't progress the order as TalkTalk are blocking the transfer of the line.  They said this normally happens if the account has been cancelled and is in the 30 day notice period, but we haven't done that.

Anybody any idea why the line might be blocked?  (I will be contacting customer services directly, but I'm anticipating them being not much help as usual)

6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7
0 Likes

farmroad38
Participant
Message 2 of 7

That is correct.  Vodafone were able to sort the problem out over the phone.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi @farmroad38

We can see a transfer request on your account due to complete on the 1st Sept. 

Is this correct?

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 4 of 7

Hi @farmroad38 why can it never be easy? Have Vodaphone got things under control for you or do tt still need to assist? 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

It's Vodafone.

After talking with them again and TalkTalk customer support, it seems the problem might be that there are two lines coming to the same address, as two families live here.  Our line is out of contract, the other still in, so when we try to do the switch it is picking up that an early termination charge applies and halting the order pending confirmation.

It doesn't mean that we can't switch, just that the online processing systems can't cope with it.

Divsec
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @farmroad38 sorry you are leaving and good fortune with your new supplier, could you mention their name please as it might help understand what is going on? 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes