cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Unreliable, and some devices don’t work.

Saschanna
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 16

I’ve been using talk talk for the best part of 8-10 years. So I have full fibre at the moment as my area doenst have any better packages available. So roughly around 2021-2023 was my contract, when this expired I forgot to renew. Then from 2023-2024(March) until I realised that that we were paying way more then I should be as our contract had run out saying that, we had 0 to no problems with it. Then when I checked, I got a new contract for about 2 years. Since then the problems have started, I mean on a regular basis I find the WiFi cutting out. When I’d do tests, I’d be under 1mbps. Once I turn off the router it gets better for a while. Literally while signing into the website the wifi cut out for a bit so now I’m writing using my mobile data. 

alongside this, we have multiple devices not working. Our phones/ipads/laptops/firesticks all work (not including the random cutouts). But the smart tv/(apple) HomePod/printer/security camera. When I reset the router they’ll work temporarily, until ultimately it stops working soon after. 

when I contacted the support team, they weren’t very helpful, took me through a long set of questions and stuff to do neither which helped. Nor could they detect any issues. So said they can bring a technician down but said it’ll cost 75£. Which is a joke. 

now solutions, we’ve done a lot of things to try get it to work. I’ve reset the router. I’ve turned off for a couple hours, before turning it on. I’ve checked the cables and, telephone line everything is okay. I think we could need a new router? But feels like it only started going wrong since the new contract but It’s 5-6 years old. Hopefully someone can help.  

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi Saschanna

Do you still need help with this?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

Hi

I can see you are in contact with our customer teams at the moment. we are locked out of your account whilst they are accessing it.

Let me know what steps they take before I proceed with this for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

nope no noises on the landline. its now been 13 hours, and the wifi still doesn't work.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Hi Saschanna

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test has detected a potential fault with the landline service. Are you experiencing any noise on the line when making calls?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

@Saschanna 

I have re-escalated this to the support team for you, they should respond tomorrow. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Here are some photos as of 45 mins later, Yes 45. of it still not working. Joke of a company.

Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 22.59.27.pngScreenshot 2024-06-06 at 22.59.51.png
0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Also want to add today has literally ruined a family movie night, our tvs can't find the internet, I mean the bear minimum in 2024 is a stable connection. Doesn't seem to be a widespread issue elsewhere, so as of 20 minutes after the problem started it's still rubbish. Thank you for making life hard

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Hi yes well the last couple days its been terrible, like constantly not working, im having to use mobile data so I can work. Its stupid. Today as of 10:20 the internet has completely shut off and doesn't work on every device, it's not working on any device, full white bar. No signal, the normal solution of turning off router hasn't worked. It's becoming a joke, it's poor service. Having to use mobile data so I can work is just insane, so can you please stop saying tests are saying it's fine and actually help solve the problem. I want to be clear it has got so much worse since we started a new contract, you were happy giving good internet when I was paying 50% more then the going rate as I didn't see my contract was up. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line which is clear and your connection looks stable for 5 days. How has your connection been since your last post?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 16

Hi @Saschanna 

That is not WiFi interference then, the router keeps disconnecting from the fibre. TalkTalk are the only ones who can deal with this. I said that the staff on here will not be back until Tuesday now, but you can try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

I get a full white light. And sometimes when its down (40% of the time) it'll alternate white and orange.

And ye id like to try optmise it. The router is a TalkTalk wifi-hub.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 16

Hi @Saschanna 

TalkTalk will not be available in this forum until Tuesday now, due to the Bank Holiday. I did offer my help, but perhaps you want clarification as to who I am first?

The information below is provided by TalkTalk, for confirmation please contact @Debbie-TalkTalk or@Michelle-TalkTalk.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue. Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.

If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc. one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Hi ive done this thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 16

Hi Saschanna

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 16

This sounds like WiFi interference to me, especially as it is OK for a while when the router is rebooted.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

However, other factors should be investigated first. When this happens, what are the lights showing on the front of the router? Do you have any wired connections & if so, how do they perform?

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers a lot more from interference than the much faster 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

In other words, I try to help you optimise your Wi-Fi connection. If you would like me to help you, please can you specify the make/model of TalkTalk router that you are using?

Keith

0 Likes