FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN CONNECTION STOPPED WORKING

Suzan yaman
Chatterbox
Message 8 of 8

Hi,

my VPN connection to work has stopped working and I am getting a message “A connection to the remote computer could not be established, so the port used for this connection was closed”. It was working fine until yesterday and hasn’t worked since. I am able to connect using other networks so guess this must be to do with my router. I have had the router a couple of years and all has been fine.

Please can you help as I need to be able to work from home and can’t at present.

Thanks                                                                                                                                                                                   Suzan.....

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Suzan

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 8

Hi Debbie yes please I would appreciate this.  Kind Regards  Suzan

Message 3 of 8

Hi Suzan

Thanks for your reply.

I can send a different make and model of router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi we have tried resetting the router.  It was working until recently.  I don't know when it stopped as my husband uses the VPN and I would not have cause to.  He noticed it when he returned on 12/01/22 and thought it may be a glitch but it is still continuing.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi Suzan

Thank you. There have been no recent changes to your router firmware. Did it previously work ok?

Have you tried factory resetting the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

i put the my details

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi Suzan

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes