FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN Suddenly stopped working

Kazp_1
Chatterbox
Message 14 of 14

Good Evening,

All of a sudden after 2 years working from home myself and my Husband can no longer connect to our work VPN using our Talk Talk internet and router (the Sagemcom Ver: FAST 5364-3. T8). We can connect fine using a mobile hotspot/4G. I tried getting help on the chat function but just got told to turn off scam protection which hasn't worked. I see others with a similar issue were sent a new router and this solved the problem. We really need this sorted asap.

Thanks so much.

Kaz

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi Karolyn

Apologies for this.

If you have sent the old router back then please ignore the email. The only equipment to be returned was the previous/old router once you received the new router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Hi Debbie,

Sorry to bother you again, but I've had an email asking me to return my old talk talk equipment, but rather than it being the old router (which I returned yesterday using the envelope in the new router box) it's asking me to return our TV box or we'll be charged £50. However, we only have a new router, not a new TV box so I don't have an old TV box to send back. Just a bit confused and wondered if you knew what this meant?

Thanks Debbie.

Karolyn

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi Karolyn

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

Message 4 of 14

Hi Debbie,

The new router you arranged for us arrived today and our VPN connection to work is now back up and running! 

Thank you so much for your help on this and getting it sorted so quickly for us!

Have a good weekend.

Kind regards,

Karolyn

Message 5 of 14

Hi Karolyn

Ahh you're very welcome 🙂

Thank you. You too 🙂

Debbie

Message 6 of 14

Thanks Debbie, and thanks again for all your help! 🙏

Have a good day! 😁

Message 7 of 14

Hi Karolyn

No problem and I'm sorry again for this issue.

If you log into My Account then you can switch Scam protection back on (same instructions below but switch back on)

HOW DO I TURN SCAM PROTECTION OFF?

If you find yourself working from home and have to use remote desktop applications like TeamViewer, Anydesk or Remote Desktop Manager, and you have Scam Protection already enabled on your line and you're sure that the service you want access to is genuine, then follow these steps to turn it off;

1. Log into MyAccount
    2. Select My Services
    3. Select View HomeSafe settings
    4. Select OFF and confirm when you see the pop up window

Message 8 of 14

Thanks so much Debbie, really appreciate it.

Just to check I spoke on chat to someone yesterday and they said they had switched off our Scam Protection. This made no difference, is it unsafe to have this switched off? Can this be switched back on?

Thanks again Debbie.

Karolyn

Message 9 of 14

Hi Karolyn

Thanks for your reply.

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

Message 10 of 14

Hi Debbie,

Thanks so much  for your reply. 

Yes please, that would be great! Thank you. 

Kind regards,

Karolyn

Message 11 of 14

Hi Kazp_1

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I think we should send a different make and model of router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 12 of 14

Hi Skynet_TX,

Thanks for replying.

The router version is SG4K100130.

I'm using Windows 10 VPN connection software. 

Unfortunately both laptops we're using don't have ports to be able to connect wired to the router. 

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

Hi @Kazp_1,

Can you browse to the router login screen (http://192.168.1.1/) and confirm what 'Version' it shows towards the bottom of the login screen, it should start with something like SG4K.....

Can you confirm what VPN software you are using.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

If you are trying to connect over wireless, is it possible for you to try connect 'wired' to see if the VPN works from a wired connection.