FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI ISSUES

Nacrosis13
Conversation Starter
Message 15 of 15

Morning,

Our new Fibre Router (FAST 5364) which we have had for a few weeks now seems to have got weaker in signal strength, my tablet upstairs takes ages to get web pages and our streaming services also have issues connecting.

Could you please give it a check to see if there is any errors.

Regards.

Nacrosis13
Amateur Everything and Founding member of the grumpy old Men`s club.
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Morning,

Thanks for the update and please let us know if you need any assistance 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Debbie/Keith,

Many thanks for your reply, yes I have split them up 2.4/5.

Amazon seems to be better not stuttering as much but as you say Keith if wireless does not penetrate ceilings so well I guess 3/4 bars is not bad at all.

Thanks for your offer Keith for more help I think I am happy really as is its not too bad to be honest but if I do I know how to get hold of you.

All the best.

Nacrosis13
0 Likes

Message 3 of 15
0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi @Nacrosis13 

I did say back in post #2, when first talking about your Sagemcom:-

"If that alone does not solve your problem, then I can offer a lot of help moving forward."

By the way as a generic statement, router wifi signals do not normally travel well to the floor above the router. They are always best on the same floor & the one below.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 5 of 15

Hi Nacrosis13

Thanks for your reply.

Is this the same after you've changed the wireless channels?

Have you also tried splitting the SSID's? Split your router's SSID (wireless network name)

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi Debbie,

The connection does seem to be a bit better although I found that this particular router is not as strong as my older one, the router is downstairs but upstairs I only have 3/5 bars on my tablet.

Not too much of an issue just that I found it a bit slower in getting websites upstairs.

Regards.

Nacrosis13
0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Thanks Debbie, will do.

Nacrosis13

Message 8 of 15

Hi Nacrosis13

The WIFI optimisation has now been switched off, please let us know how the connection compares following this.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

DNS server went down no internet access had to manually add numbers that I remembered.

Working again now, will leave as is at the moment as my Wife is working from home and she is very busy will do as you say later.

Many Thanks. 

Nacrosis13
0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Big thanks for information

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 15

Hi Nacrosis13

I'm unable to connect to your router, apologies for this.

Please can you factory reset your router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds, I can then try and connect again.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

TalkTalk please disable "WiFi Optimisation" and I will see if that helps.

Regards.

Nacrosis13
0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

Ok Keith will do.

Thanks.

Nacrosis13
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

With this router, you will need to request that TalkTalk disable their remote diagnostic utility called "WiFi Optimisation". This has the ability to override and wireless configuration in the router. To request this be disabled, simply put this request in your reply. If that alone does not solve your problem, then I can offer a lot of help moving forward.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?