FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox won't connect to Wi Fi. Losing the will...

mouchka
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 9

Hello,

I have a Sagemcom router and evrything connects to wi-fi with no problems.

I bought an xbox and it connected on setup but disconnected after a few hours and then would not reconnect unless it was factory reset. I sent it back and got a replacement.

The replacement is doing exactly the same thing so it is obviously not a fault with the xbox.

I tried the 'split ssid name' solution suggested elsewhere on here but to no avail. I think I did it correctly.

Any thoughts? Anyone? Please. 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential voice fault. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 2 of 9

Hi, you really needed to post back here to let the staff know you had updated your phone details, then they would have been prompted to pick up this post again.

They won't be around now until Monday, but should be able to reply early next week to help further.

0 Likes

mouchka
Chatterbox
Message 3 of 9

All info updated as requested but heard nothing.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi Michelle,

Info updated, looking forward to hearing from you and, fingers crossed, finding a solution.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 9

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

mouchka
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 9

Hi Skynet_TX,

Thanks very much for your reply. I've just checked and it is only my network on the channel and only 4 other networks visible (I have few neighbours) so it's unlikely to be this? I do appreciate your input though, this is driving me up the wall.

Some security setting on the router maybe that is blocking the xbox?

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi @mouchka,

It is possible you may be suffering from Wi-Fi interference, i.e. a neighbour having a router broadcasting on the same, or similar, channel to yours.

You could try changing the channels that your router broadcasts the Wi-Fi signal on, you can use free smartphone Apps like this to see what channels are being used within range of your smartphone, you can then change your router to use channels that are less congested.

Be aware that the Sagemcom router has a 'feature' called 'Wi-Fi Optimisation', this means it can change the Wi-Fi channel itself, overriding what you have set it to, it can randomly do this after minutes, hours or days !. So if you do find a channel that works well, but then things go bad again, check to see if the router has changed channel to something different to what you set it to. If you do experience this problem then just post back here to ask the staff to disable the 'Wi-Fi Optimisation' on your router, once that is done it will stay on whatever channel you set it to.

0 Likes